Anyone a fan of Mickey Mouse and other old timey cartoons?

I personally love them old school vintage cartoon because of how funny they can be at times. I have created a lot of fun and just good memories watching them. I also really like the game Cuphead as it has many funny moments as well, it’s a very difficult game though(Haha). Do any folks out there fancy them cartoons too?

4 Likes

I love Mickey Mouse. A few years ago I got this awesome lego set. It is by far the coolest one I have ever seen.

10 Likes

When I was younger I though Felix the Cat was the coolest. Also enjoyed a lot of the older Hanna-Barbera toons

6 Likes

I remember getting a kick out of Popeye, the Aladdin one was great.

And then there was the birthday one where he straight-up shot his irritating buddy at the end. It went from Popeye slapstick to murder, not sure that was ever done again in a cartoon.

Ivan

3 Likes

The song they sing in that pops in my head all the time even though it’s been years since I saw it.

2 Likes

Just recently discovered that you can get tons of old loony tunes included with HBO subscription.

2 Likes

The Herculoids, The Impossible and Johny Quest.

1 Like

Do comics count? Krazy Kat was pretty cool, the original Itchy and Scratchy.

1 Like

Fan of Big Daddy’s (Ed Roth) Wild-Child and Anti-Hero to Mickey Mouse…RAT FINK. Love how in black & white those eyes still glare bloodshot red.

Ratfin
Rat-Fink-Old-Wooden-Yoyo-Hot-Rod-Kustom

6 Likes

Omg I still collect rat fink stuff, I guess I don’t think of it as old because I see it every day! That yo-yo is great.

1 Like

I love old Mickey Mouse stuff…even if some of the old old stuff is a bit problematic by today’s standards. Anyone who knows about Walt knows that he wasn’t the most politically correct person.

But I think it’s important to remember that these cartoons of products of their time. I can’t imagine ANYTHING close to this being on TV these days. Then again shows like Big Mouth exist which are vile in their own right.

Peep the yoyo at 4:12 :grin:

Lots of classic ‘toons up on YouTube for free as well! I think a lot of that stuff is public domain by now. Or maybe the copyright owners are getting the ad revenue like when you upload a cover of a popular song.

Ivan

1 Like