Old school appreciation

When I first started yoyoing in 2010 after watching Mickey’s '10 JN and Jensen’s '10 Worlds freestyles, I immediately looked to lots of the history and watched hours of contest videos of the late '90s boom to the early 2000s. There, I learned that Hironori Mii likes kung-fu fighting while playing offstring, Alan Batangan who created wraps that changed the 2A game, Better Off Alone and Mortal Kombat were the theme songs in almost every contest and many more names and contributions.

What I’m trying to say is, I have a huge respect and appreciation to old school yoyoing even though I’ve only been playing for 3 years. I thought those were more interesting than the stuff today. Great, I sound like a grumpy old man =[

I know I’m not the only one.
Who else appreciates the old school?

sorry if this post isn’t making any sense. completely brain fried from homework and i’m taking a quick break by posting here

That period is by far my favorite for the explosion of creativity and the really
cool, graceful tricks. But being an actual grumpy old man, I wouldn’t describe it as
old school… Dale Myerberg, Bob Rule, that’s old school.

I love watching old school players. The tricks may not have been as complicated, but they did them with massive flair and entertainment value.

I believe the true beauty of those old school tricks is that it may look very simple and not complicated within ‘modern’ yoyoing standards today, but they’re the hardest tricks to pull considering it was still when responsive hailed the world.

It’s pretty amazing how they could pull those tricks off without breaking their knuckles from unexpected returns.

True that.