Any woodworkers/long boarders here?

I just made this longboard. I made this board for my son a couple of weeks ago, and used the same basic method to achieve the drop.

I have no idea how these will hold up under stress, but for now they’re doooope.

What kinds of projects have you been working on?

ps, ignore my typos on Imgur. I posted from my phone- it was petty and difficult

6 Likes

Really cool, been years since I’ve been on a longboard

2 Likes

You should get back on it! It’s so much fun cruising and carving around

1 Like

Great job, it looks excellent! Any son would love that!

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Really neat! I’ve made a few scrap wood boards before but nothing anywhere near as proper as yours; these look great!

Be sure to use clear grip tape if you plan on gripping them, you wouldn’t want to cover up that nice wood grain.

2 Likes

Are you Kieran as in Kieran Cooper?

1 Like

No, sorry. Just share the same name :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice looking boards! I’d love to have a go at laminating my own deck someday. How long is it?
I just ordered a D-street drop through Stag longboard. Looking forward to some carving when it arrives.

2 Likes

Thanks man! the first one is 28.5" long and 7.5" at its widest. The second one is 35" long and 9.5" at its widest. I haven’t gotten the hardware for my son’s board quite yet, but I’ll be getting it soon.

I hope you have a blast cruising around when it comes!

1 Like

Ye, I’m looking forward to it. I used to skateboard when I was younger and lighter, so I’m looking forward to getting back on a deck. Have you ever tried laminating layers of wood?

2 Likes

Nope, but I’ve considered trying it in the future. I don’t have the time or the money to set up that whole process right now.

1 Like