Any Web Developers here?

want to know how many of you are web developers on this forum? or has just started learning web development?

2 Likes

I do a little web development and a lot of other computer programming. So far I know some angular, php, node.js, and react.

2 Likes

Yeah web developer here, though client work sometimes has me doing other things. Microsoft stack mostly, asp.net, .net core.

3 Likes

wow, so you have mastered javascript.

I have just started learning HTML, CSS and javascript since June this year. I want to build my own project. I am taking help from Udemy, youtube and w3schools.

2 Likes

@codinghorror

2 Likes

You know we had @stublag help build the dark theme here on the forums!

2 Likes

Used to be a Web Developer. Glad that’s over :joy:

2 Likes

Does Dreamweaver count?

2 Likes

The song?

3 Likes
3 Likes

I used Dreamweaver to make a couple of websites. I switched between wysiwyg and the code view to clean up excess code, or code that was not required.

There was some thought involved, and better than I could create in notepad.

2 Likes

Hahahha

Now what are you doing?

But I use brackets editor.

I left the IT/Programming/Web world for Sales/Marketing/Consulting, another headache. Should’ve stuck with music :joy:

1 Like

I also once purchased a template and added content and tweaked it in Adobe Dreaweaver.

Seem interesting. Notepad++ in particular.

1 Like

My original art website was designed for me in 2002 and written in html. The guy who made it used to upload and maintain it for me but after awhile I did it and html was a pain. I could write image links and basic links and change colors / fonts, etc but ohemgee! That was a nightmare so two years ago I dumped the host for a freebie and can upload and organize from my phone. Kudos to those who write all that code and whatever. One wrongly placed > and everything can go haywire. It was too much for me!

2 Likes

It’s funny you said that. I had an extra > on a site which messed up the entire site. Once it happens you become more observant of it however.

2 Likes

Sometimes it took me a long time to find that ONE wrong character and it’d drive me crazy. I did a lot of copy and paste of codes but sometimes I’d mistakingly backspace over a / or < and not realize it.

2 Likes