Any spin tip experts here? Could someone provide me with some tips on progression?

I really need help these two tricks called “los satélites” and “mini bastones?”

I am having a really hard time with orbits. The top doesn’t seem to regenerate at all. I would do a boomerang and straight to lasso. Then, the top spins counterclockwise around the string once and under my arms. Then, it spins counterclockwise from the left arm to the right arm and repeat. Am I doing this correctly? Where does the regeneration come from this trick? I feel like I am just going through motions, but I am not regenerating.

How hard should I pull up the string when I do mini canes? Should I exaggerate certain arm positions to control the top when it swings up? I use snap start to start the top and do a few sewing machine or dairy cow before trying this trick. I am using 3.9" top w/ the weight around 220-230 gr.

1 Like

I will be no help to you here but I’m sure someone will be able to help or at least point you in a good direction. :grin::+1:

I am experiencing the same thing, there does not seem to be any regeneration of spin.
One thing I am figuring out is that I was trying to go too fast, if you watch tutorials, it is a pretty slow motion if the top is spinning well already. All I can figure is that it requires a lot of experimentation to get the feel for how hard you can push the top.

3 Likes

@Neff
I know a guy…

3 Likes

Orbits - I can’t tell whether you are doing this trick correctly from your description, I would have to see a video. Some regens are able to gain speed and others are able to only idle at a low speed. I consider Orbits to be a low speed idle type of regen. Others may look at it differently. I look at it as a great way to loose a tooth.

I don’t know what “mini” bastones is. For plain old bastones, the force you put on it happens quickly, but it is a swinging motion that fades in, reaches max pull, and fades out. Your right hand should be up and away at maybe 60 degrees when the top is passing your left foot, and that is when your pull is at max.

Hope that helps. Spintricks.org is a great resource if you did not already know that.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t know the proper English name for that trick. It translated to mini canes, but I don’t think that is the correct name. Instead of catching the string like sewing machine, you would use your palm. Then, you use your left hand to pull the end w/o the button to flip and regenerate the top. @Neff

Do you know another active place to discuss spin tops? I have been relying on awful youtube translator to learn a lot of these tricks. Sometimes, the translation makes things more confusing.

2 Likes

The forum that is all about spin tops would be linked to at

There are people that contribute there from all over.

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes