Any opinions on these models

Looking to get your honest opinion on the following models from One Drop

• Fat Tire 2020
  • Still Rolling
  • Panorama
  • Wizard

Would also want to ask about the Desyoyos Anima if anyone has had the chance to try it.

2 Likes

Pano is the only Yoyo I got out of this group and it’s sick. You gotta throw it hard to get long spin times and you gotta play clean or it will start to tilt pretty seriously but it’s super fun and feels good in hand and to land tricks with it. When I got one, it was the only Yoyo I had with high walls and it took me a bit to adjust but then I got a lot better like my tricks got cleaner and I learned a lot about how to play better with all my yo-yos so I really like the panorama now.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Anybody got the chance to try any of the others?

1 Like
  • Fat Tire is literally a meme yoyo, skip fasho
  • Still Rolling is Still New™ so there aren’t too many opinions about it yet, but it is a signature yoyo for (no joke) one of the only people on their team who actually still competes, so it’s probably fine
  • Panorama is a modern classic and one of my fav One Drops, BUT it’s a slimmer, highwall throw so like @GTDropKnot said, unless you’re playing clean or if you’re JUST starting out on your throwing journey you’re probably gonna have a bad time lmao
  • Wizard is larger in diameter than most throws so if you like big yoyos, and if you like organic yoyos, you’ll prolly like this.

Here’s my recommendation as someone who owns well over 30 One Drops (I lost track of how many exactly)…
IMO, the Free Solo is currently their best playing model that still seems to be in production. It is an EXTREMELY safe bet as it is highly regarded in the community for being just a super solid, 7075 (durable), no frills, W shaped yoyo.

Best organic they make is hands down the Markmont Classic, which is often considered one of the greatest organic yoyos ever made, if not the greatest. These can be found on the BST for anywhere from $60-90 depending on colorway/condition. The Magnum Opus version tends to go for a little bit more and is made out of 7075.

If you’re looking for something mid-size, go for a Kamuraiju - also one of their best releases in awhile.

7 Likes

Thank you for the awesome explanation :slight_smile: !

Fat tire might be a meme yoyo but it’s sort of a fun meme yoyo.

3 Likes

Full disclosure: you asked about the Fat Tire 20/20, and I have only played the original. Fat Tires have a narrow catch zone relative to their width, which doesn’t suit everyone. But if you like the look of the unique profile, you will probably like the yo-yo.

Panorama an and Wizard: what you see is what you get, and the are both good examples in their categories. If you want something on the narrow side or something oversized, you will like these yo-yos.

I think Still Rollin is an outlier here: the power and stability exceed what I was expecting based on the specs/shape. Check the mail day thread over the last few days for more impressions: What did you get in the mail, 2023

3 Likes