Any opinions on the surge?

My birthdays coming, and along with the summit that I plan to be ordering, I would like some beater yoyos. I want some that I can take anywhere. My price range is under 20 dollars. I am planning to get 2
Of the yoyo I choose. I was thinking surges. How do they compare to a psg, high end metals, ect. How does it play?

Basically a really over all great plastic, it is a bit heavy for some, so be aware. However it truly does feel like you are throwing a metal. :smiley:

Oh and some complain about the gap size being too small, so if you wish you can add some shims to your order since they are just a dollar a set.

I really like the Surge. It’s a great yoyo (and it’s quite sturdy). It’s a bit heavy for me, but still great.

Don’t worry about the weight. It’s not an issue, you get used to it. It makes other stuff feel floaty!

Definitely. Whenever I’m having difficulty with a trick I just try it on the Surge and I improve immediately.

Or you could get a onestar…

The Onestar is 62g, the Surge is 70g and has much better balance but moves way slower

+1