Any knife guys?

Huge fan of kershaws, and balisongs.

Daily has been this kershaw lucha with flytanium handles. Top teir knife imo and good daily.

7 Likes

This is a Amazon knock off that I swapped the plastic scales for micarta scales (Also Amazon).

I have been EDC’ing this for about 4 months. I felt a little odd putting my Benchmade that I carried for over a decade into the night stand.

However, for the price it would cost to replace that 1 knife, I can buy about 10 of these.

So far so good. It has seen the stones a couple times (I am a snob). But it is holding up well.

Definitely a light duty design, but very good at the daily task needs.

If I need something more robust, I will be pucking something else out of the drawer.

I have even purchased another for my son and a mini for my daughter.

4 Likes

That’s a good knife, I just don’t like complications in my weapons. That been said wait till you see what shows up next week. It’s in damn Stockton.

2 Likes

As far as a weapon no. Having flare when it whip out in the shop yes.

Plus me mitts serve me well on my daily edc weapon

3 Likes

9 Likes

Ohhhh very nice love damascus

1 Like

do any of you guys actually make blades? I’ve been wanting to get a kitchen knife blade blank and make myself a nice handle for it, and it would be cool to support a fellow yoyoer

2 Likes

Its no my to do list some day.

Just need a Forge and Belt Grinder.

2 Likes

I commend you. Its a Lot of work, actual physical labor. It’ll keep you in shape that’s for sure. Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s expensive part haha. Also the burns.

My uncle does blades sometimes. I always wanted to learn and I designed my own blades for years. Nothing came of it and I have the creativity of a bathroom tile now so, oh well.

I have purchased materials for a Ammo Can Mini forge. Have several Straight razor designs and a BBQ knife design. I have the Steel and handle materials.

The grinder has been holding me back for years.

Im not scared of the work.

2 Likes

On a side note I did score a grail last night along with the Damascus.

So hard to find. Damn Infidel fixed. Guess why??? That’s right Kids, Discontinued!!!
I still need one for my left hand. Sigh.

7 Likes

Oh ho ho this is sick and a memory unlock for me lol.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Congrats!

1 Like

I made this one from a blank, Hawaiian Koa for the scales.

I have a Matt White 3 1/2” slojd blade that should be shipping in the next couple weeks, I’ll build my own handle for that.

I have most everything I need to make my own knives, just too many other things taking up my time. About to start a new career, so it’ll probably be a bit before I get to forging knives.

7 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

I picked up this Kershaw yo-yo string cutter off the snap-on truck.

7 Likes

Shuffle, right? Or am I mixing it up with another? It’s been so long since I kept up on knife stuff. Whatever it’s called, I have a couple black ones and think they’re great little knives haha

2 Likes

And it has an adult beverage opener!

3 Likes

Shuffle one! I love mine. I’ve had the one and the two, but the one was a gift so it gets used more. Neat little thing.

3 Likes