Any knife guys?

Beautiful. I can’t believe they are still illegal to carry in some states. Especially considering half the market is knives designed for one hand operation now

1 Like

If you really want to unlock the Worksharp Precision Adjust even more pick up yourself some Zona Paper or “lapping paper” it’s essentially the same thing. I prefer Zona because you get full sheets and it’s cheaper. The other link is for adhesive backed stuff which works but it’s a bit more expensive.

These papers take the worksharp far beyond where it gets you stock, even with their upgrade kit, it doesn’t touch where the lapping films get you. It’s a bit excessive but man, it’s going to give you basically a polished edge like a scalpel / xacto.

3 Likes

I have owned many high end folders over the years but just never pulled the trigger on a strider or their customs… can say at this point I do regret never having one. Not anything I would carry at this point in my life but there is a certain cool factor that has grown in my brain over the years of discontiunation. Nice piece!

1 Like

I used To have a big knife collection, but after getting my first strider and sebenza, I sold all my others because that’s all I carry anymore!

The design is feels good and looks even cooler. :joy: what also sold it for me, the life time warranty! I actually Just sent a SnG back to strider for warranty cause the detent worn out. It’s a 12yr old knife, no box, no receipt… just sent it back and paid for shipping and they fix it for free!

If you want one, I have and SnG for sale!

2 Likes

Haha if it is around after the holidays we can talk for sure

1 Like

The sharpening of these tools could be its own discussion.

For every day utitility, 500 to 600 grit is the finest I go.

For my EDC knife I take it up to 1000 grit. I really like the life of a polished edge on this one.

Straight razors, they come off the 12,000 stone and then continue through .5 micron paste or up to 30,000 lapping film.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, so would i stick it to ceramic side and use it normally or is there a specific way to use it?

1 Like

This is how you sharpen knives.

7 Likes

The only sharpener you will ever need is a wicked edge. It’s expensive, but I’ve had mine for about 10yrs now and it’s definitely paid for it’s self over the years!!

Posting this pic I found my imperial!!! She was hiding behind the stone on the base!!!

7 Likes

Recently picked up the ZT. It’s a beast

6 Likes

You can definitely do that or there are also 3d printed holders available too that can accept the lapping films. It can slide onto the rail just light the stock stones.

2 Likes

This is my most favorite cutlery.

My Big Ten Inch. Bob’s in the house.
I don’t remember who traded me for this however it was a three throw trade because it was the first, I think ever, trade for cutlery. Thank you Sir!

7 Likes

If it’s good enough for General Paton it’s good enough for me. Ek45.

3 Likes

I don’t know that I qualify as a “knife guy” but I just picked one up for EDC that I’ve wanted for a while, a Kershaw Chive.

I used to carry a knife every day until I had one confiscated by my campus police shortly after September 11th. Now as a parent and a thrower, I find I need one all the time.

10 Likes

Oooo, I had a Chive as my EDC for a one-handed letter opener. Great for slim, small pocket carry. I never nicked myself, but always felt like I might fumble it eventually. Got a Leek which is a larger version, but still worried. Then went through a few Spydercos until I settled on a Sage 5 for the few letters and parade of boxes that show up at my house.

2 Likes

So far I like it. I’m mostly using it for packages, letters, yo-yo string, and Pokémon booster packs. I’ve been eying one up for literally years and just never pulled the trigger because I’m never far from a Leatherman.

Got a crappy 1095 carbon kitchen knife the other day. I put a new edge and a forced patina on it. Came out okay. I’ve also got a vg10 paring knife and a Case chef knife that I love. Refinished the handle on the Case and it feels great. Would like to add a santoku and a 5-6" utility knife to my kit when I’m able.

4 Likes

EDC that cold steel Espada !

1 Like

Yes I have a Benchmade and a bunch of SAKs - of which, the Pioneer X is my EDC. Will post pics ASAP!

1 Like