Any good online retailers in Europe?

Hello,

I’m an old dude who’s getting back into yoyoing because my daugther’s taken an interest (probably thanks to Ladybug cartoon). I got some cheapo yoyo’s at a toy store but am looking for better throws, however, I haven’t found any good retailers in Europe (I live in France).

Can anyone recommend a good online retailer? I’m a bit sick of waiting for Aliexpress shipments for months at a time.

Thanks in advance,
Matias

2 Likes

Hi Matias,

www.yoyoexpert.com is one of the biggest yoyo retailer in the world and they ship to France :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer. Are they based in the US? The problem I have is that every time I’ve tried to buy stuff from US retailers I get charged imports taxes and it takes forever to get things processed. Also, with Coronavirus, parcels from outside of Europe takes about two months to get here.
Thanks again!
Matias

1 Like

I’d highly recommend yoyoexpert. I live in the UK and I’ve never had an issue with import tax when I buy from them. One of the cheapest shipping rates too, I often try and support the shop when I can. It might take a while to arrive but I’ve had a package from them before in less than 2 weeks.

Great customer service too!

2 Likes

I live in Austria and so far have ordered from these online retailers:

• Motmot Shop (my local shop in Vienna)

• slusny (Czech Republic)

• La Tienda del yoyo (Spain)

• yo-shop (Germany)

• Yoyoworld (Denmark)

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check these out. Great resources!

Matias

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

I believe YoYo raven is Europe based

1 Like

YYE 3 days shipped to France posted by a Forum User earlier today.

1 Like

It is particular. I have order many yoyos. So Yoyoexpert have upgraded the shipping using DHL.
And i also ask to declare max 20$ For custom by mail.
But if the package is lost. As you ask 20$. You should accept refund of 20$ !

Honestly, it happened rarely as the package is tracked. But with standard shipping, it may take time (most i have encountered is 3 months from asia). Usually 2-3 weeks from USA.with covid19 it may take more time.

1 Like

True, but it is a case and very particular and very rare.
I don’t have excellent experiences with the American postal service … more than once I spent between 40 and 60 days to get my parcel from the USA without being able to know where it was (last example Ti Vayder). :cry:
Beyond this there is a good chance of paying customs duties.

Otherwise in Europe, there is latiendadelyoyo, iyoyo, slusny, yoyoworld

Salut Matias, I used to live in France and the closest online yoyo retailer is Yoyo Blast - they are either in France or Belgium, but I forget.

If you are concerned about shipping time, Yoyo Blast are definitely the fastest to France! I only ordered string from them but they also carry plenty of Yoyofactory as well as some One Drop yoyos.

Otherwise, La Tienda del Yoyo in Spain is a great store but the shipping time to France can be surprisingly long because of customs.

Hope that helps!

customs between Spain and France?!?
There is no customs are EU countries

Indeed, sorry, I was being “loose” with my words. Not customs, but still long delay, for whatever unknown reason, for shipping from Spain to France when I ordered from La Tienda del Yoyo on more than one occasion. I emailed La Tienda about the delay and they said other people had this problem with longer shipping times to France also.

Ah ok, for France I can’t say.
I have often bought from Jesus and here in Italy the packs arrived within 5 working days at the latest.

Sure, and otherwise La Tienda is great.

1 Like

I don’t know which country you are living but. I have bought more than 300 yoyos from many country.

But in France, it is the local delivery company that have to pay customs. Then they ask you for reimbursement plus fee!

When using private company like fedex, dhl, ups… they systematically ask you to pay tax so they can get your money !
When using USPS First Class, the local delivery is la poste (public services !). It takes more time to deliver but it only ask to pay when custom have checked the package.
But when using USPS Priority Class, the local company is Chronopost (private). Same as Fedex, DHL, UPS… you have to pay.

Note : when you buy in another country (outside EU), you have to pay VAT. This is the law. But normally, you haven’t to pay VAT in source country that why !

Yoyoworld.dk know this ! That’s why yoyos are 20% cheaper for American in this Shop !

Now you know, how it works in France !

1 Like

You can see it from my profile where I am.
I am Italian, I have not purchased all the yoyos you have (I own about 110) but I have also purchased them from many countries, Spain and England for the most part, but also from Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Japan, China , USA, Canada and I probably forget something.
Here in Italy, everything was delivered by the national postal service, Poste Italiane (now a private company) or by its express courier, SDA.
At the level of times, perhaps it will have been bad luck, the worst situations I have had with the shipments from North America (and one exception from England, recently, because by mistake a parcel has been diverted to Portugal), for the rest I have always had fast deliveries (from Japan parcels are always entering Italy within 5 working days!).
When at customs, therefore for shipping outside the EU, the customs duty is calculated on the declared value and added to it so as to become part of the taxable amount on which VAT will then be paid, which in my country is 22%, and here situations change …
Never paid customs from China …
Always paid by Japan, this is one of the most recent examples (18.93 euros !!! on a value of 4000 yen, about 34 euros) :confounded:

From the USA there is a 50% chance of paying it.
The reason for these different situations I cannot explain.