Any fellow cat owners?

20190104_073631
My cat Ruby.

21 Likes

Iā€™ve been doing Pet Rescue for 50 years.

I spend thousands a year on Pet related causes.

Here are a few of mine> Baby Pickles. Maggie Baggie. Sammy wearing my Homie Donā€™t Play That; hat

image image image

Petey and Rascal(notice their right ears are clipped)

Sashaā€¦ Somebody dumped her in Downtown Los Angeles at night. I was walking through the Bus yard and she walked up to me; outta nowhere. I stopped and she sat down right in front of me. I looked down and said exactly this, ā€˜Well; you donā€™t realize it yet. But you just happen to be the luckiest lost cat in Los Angeles at the moment. Would you like to go meet your new familyā€™?
I picked her up and took her back to the shop. I sat her next to my Snapon toolbox and she watched me till the end of my shift. She did not meow. She just sat there. At 10pm; I put her in my truck and she sat shotgun. 45 minutes later; she was getting a bath/flea combed/checked for issues/etc. Taken to the Vet the next morning. Tested/fixed/given her shots/dewormed/etc.
That was 3 years ago. She lays at the foot of the bed every single night. And when I wake up in the morning; she is on the pillow behind my head. Cats never forget kindness. And anybody posting pics in this thread; knows exactly what I mean.

26 Likes

My profile pic2018-12-22_07-55-02

17 Likes

Thnks for sharing that. People often think cats are alloof and cold however things need to be on their terms, which is absolutely fine with me. If you respect them they will respect you and they can be overwhelmingly affectionate!

6 Likes

Yeah, I find people generally think that, but my experience is just the opposite. My cat will seek me out for a ā€˜good morningā€™ pat every morning and always want to be near me when Iā€™m sitting in the couch. Cats are super affectionate.

1 Like

My boy Rory digging on scritches

14 Likes

I never owned cats, but I was around them. I found out I was allergic to them (dirty cats) when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Haha, Iā€™m totally allergic to cats, but that never stopped me.

5 Likes

Watson

And Maybell

17 Likes

This is our cat Stella:
IMG_6748 IMG_6730

28 Likes

Two cats in our household - one orange and one tortoise.
P6080173

18 Likes

Are female ginger cats rare in the US?

My female ginger cat is apparently really rare here.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Ours is male. I do know that something like 99% of tortoises are female - ours is.

Yeah, that would be the same here too. Iā€™ve never seen a tortoise shell that wasnā€™t female.

This is because genetics

http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/dox/calico.html

2 Likes

Of course it is.

I do not think the principles of genetics are different from one country to another?

1 Like

The principals donā€™t change, but the way the genes have been directed can.

What? I donā€™t believe people own cats but that cats own people. Is this a dog food thread? :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Hereā€™s one of my boy Finn.

Finn%202

21 Likes