Any fans of bourbon? Adults only please

Recently this one.

Four Roses Small Batch is the old go to as well.

1 Like

Oh year. Four roses small batch is so good.

We donā€™t have a big balcones selection in Ohio

1 Like

WT uses non GMO corn. BT has been working on growing their own corn, and other ingredients, but may be another 5-10 years before thatā€™s what hits the shelves. High West was another that I thought I read uses nonGMO ingredients.

1 Like

Yeah, never saw a ton of it outside Texas but in Houston itā€™s all over the place. Iā€™ve had some pours of their fancier stuff at a bar right near me that has ~100 bourbons.

1 Like

This was around 2005 iirc. It was an open round table being recorded and/or transcribed so some of the big names didnā€™t want to go on record with their thoughts and opinions as they had already started a firestorm by doing so. They would offer support on small details from others experience but that was about it.

In an old documentary, I donā€™t recall the name of, was how Monsanto took over (stole) the large corporate farms and was bringing down the last one, that tells some of the story on corn & gmo. Monsanto would drive their trucks loaded with their gmo corn along the road ways during pollination and even plant their corn in the middle of others farms to hide it. Then sue, have the corn tested along the side of the road or where they hide it, of course it test positive for their patented corn and win. Monsanto systematically put farm after farm out of business this way. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever lost a lawsuit.
What Monsanto did in India was ugly too. Basically pitched ā€˜magicā€™ seeds to the farmers. Many not educated enough to not believe the high level propaganda. From drought resistance and pest resistance to huge yields that were all lies. Over 1 million farmers a year were committing suicide due to spending their life savings on these bunk seeds, or getting loans they couldnā€™t repay as their crops failed if they ever even began.

1 Like

Damn. Iā€™ve heard a lot of anti-GMO and anti-Monsanto stuff over the years, but never really put any time into reading about it, figuring Iā€™m ok because I get organic whenever I can, but yeah, the patenting of seeds and using that to bully people is not right. Nor is fraud which it sounds like would be the case in India.

This doesnā€™t always mean nonGMO. The organic thing, unless you know exactly where your food is coming from, a lot of the time can be a marketing gimmick. In 2019 glyphosate began to be allowed in some organically grown food. Some organic oats companies got outted because they were spraying glyphosate on oats after they were harvested to dry them out. While glyphosate (RoundUp) is the big GMO thatā€™s out there, there are others that have shown to be just as bad.

I stopped following it heavily a couple years ago, it just got to be too overwhelming at just how little large corporations care about people. Iā€™ve heard, and seen, firsthand in the area I live in what Monsanto has done to farmers and have seen what glyphosate does. I just decided to do the best I can, buy from as many people that I personally know and can go to their farms and see with my own eyes how things are done.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that USDA organic means non-GMO, but yeah, obviously everything is down to trust and without being able to visit farms or grow my own food, gotta just do my best and for the people who are willing to trick the publicā€¦ ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

They definitions constantly changing by law has been an issue for any concerned consumer. All written by corporate lawyers of course. Itā€™s wild how it has gone. The Whole Foods ā€˜organicā€™ debacle led to some swift legal definition changes iirc to protect and hide.

Off topic, but just the meat label change allowed them to sell contaminated protein with the ā€˜cook to this tempā€™ warning years ago. E-coli, salmonella, itā€™s all being legally sold. They have gotten away with it. Even with a known and deadly ā€˜superā€™ salmonella strain for years.

3 Likes

Yeah I could go on for days about this stuff. I researched/studied it for years. It just got to be overwhelming, like I mentioned earlier. I try not to keep up with it now, and support local farmers and producers, or companies I feel I can trust.

1 Like

2 Likes

Bourbon just hurt my favorite throw. Sad day.

I guess Jim Beam, Kitchen Tables, and Yoyos donā€™t mix on a Saturday Night. :point_left::cowboy_hat_face::point_right:

Remind me to post a BST - LF Green Yoyofactory Dogmaā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

That is one hell of a ding

1 Like

Glass kitchen table edge off a really hard breakaway.

I thought I broke the table as well, but alas, no such luck. So Iā€™m stuck with a dinged throw and a perfectly horrible kitchen table.

One of these days I can talk my wife into remodeling our dining room and turning it into a yoyo/billiard roomā€¦ not today I guess. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite a crater.

Surprisingly the vibe isnā€™t too bad, still playable. But I have noticed when you do letā€™s say something easy like Man and his Brother Slack when its spinning slow, there is a tendency for it to want to change axis and turn? I guess thats how I would describe itā€¦

Ah well, good excuse to get a new one! :point_left::cowboy_hat_face::point_right: