Any fans of bourbon? Adults only please

Agreed. JJ is only 10 minutes from where I live though.

I use a thick cleaver, bone level, not a veggie slicer thin style. Also used a serrated bread knife and hammer. Slice a line a couple/few mm deep and tap the knife or cleaver spine with the hammer.

If you want to get fancy and freeze your hand you can carve your own shapes with a sharp pairing knife. Diamonds are easy nuff, but not near perfectly symmetrical on mine.

Same. For years now. People have followed and chased the delivery trucks store to store theyā€™ve told us.

2 Likes

Fair party source is 10 from me seems we are opposite sides of 275 eh

1 Like

I think youā€™re right! What a coincidence.

Good ice makes the difference.

6 Likes

We are riding dirty tonight with some frozen Tennessee tap water, lol

3 Likes

blade & bow with a couple stonesā€¦ nice end to the year.

5 Likes

A bit of broken off ice.

Do those stones come with the hipster Goat Mug circa 2016? Theyā€™d go great with it!

2 Likes

Brought out the good good for NYE :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Glad this is only for Canadians! :wink:

Well if thatā€™s the case, I was definetly dancing with the devil tonight.

Iā€™ve reserved myself to drinking once a week and keeping that one day to a moderate level where I only catch a mild buzz and itā€™s more about enjoying the flavor and some mild enjoyment from the effects. My heart goes out to those that have fallen into the grips of it. Anyone underage, please be responsible, itā€™s not worth it, life itself is the one to chase enjoyment from.

Whatā€™s everyone favorite Old Fashioned Mixer?

Loving the WT 101 right now.

Prior it was bulliet Rye.

Buffalo trace if Iā€™m mixing for a friend that isnā€™t used to proof. But I like 100 plus for mine.

2 Likes

You hit the nail on the head for me. Wild Turkey 101 makes an outstanding old fashioned.

1 Like

Really? You drink alcohol for the taste? And you do not drink enough to feel more than a ā€œmild buzzā€?

I am sorry to hear that. :wink:

1 Like

Nowadays I do that, in my past, alcohol was the least of my worries. I was too busy hanging out with Alice in Wonderland. Had more than enough fun for an infinite number of lifetimes, and no regrets. But more power to those still kicking it and much love, just be safe as always.

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about glyphosate in bourbon? A brewer told me years ago (about beer) ā€œIf youā€™re not drinking organic, youā€™re drinking Round Up.ā€ Canā€™t get that thought out of my head for the past few weeks (though it hasnā€™t stopped me from drinking bourbon, just got me thinking about getting organic next time if I can).

1 Like

I donā€™t think this brand is rare or anything super special but I have to say i really enjoyed it. Very mild compared to others i have tried. Not to mention lots of good memories (and lack there of) with this bottle! Haha!

Bookers, or WT101. But Iā€™ll vary it. Iā€™ve used Old Rip before.

Elmer T. Lee and other big names had a ā€˜round tableā€™ discussion about corn and roundup years ago. Probably 15 years or so now. They all had issues with the corn, from storage, distilling, and taste. It was a big issue for the those who cared about the craft. Seems the articles based from that debate were scrubbed from the web or my searches sucked as I couldnā€™t find it again. But yes, it is in your bourbon or any corn mash that uses GMO corn. Not a single distiller was happy about it or wanted to use it either.

1 Like

There are a few articles from '16 or so that mention Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Wild Turkey using non-GMO at that time, but no mention since then. Iā€™ve heard through someone who spoke to someone at Bullit a few years ago that they were using organic, but who knows if thatā€™s accurate and if it was if it still is. I can imagine thereā€™s pressure not to use it as a selling point because there might not be enough grain to go around if enough people were demanding it.