Any Competitive MtG Players?

I wish we had some more FNM around where I live so I could bust into a more competitive scene, I really enjoy playing but theres not anywhere around here really so its mostly Table top. At school I did a couple of FNM draft tournys.

I started playing MtG about 18 years ago with a friend. After I moved, not long after, I just quit playing… Of course now, I have no idea what’s going on with this game. Sooo many new(er) cards and such.

I wouldn’t mind learning about it again. Is there a website to learn more about the cards, basic’s of the game and whatnot?

I only play with my friends, never took it in a serious way, it’s way more fun to grab the cards you like and make a Jimmy’s deck. 8) My best deck is probably the one I’ve made from 4 Graveborns. ;D Oh, and perhaps my old Sligh.

Just starting back, does it matter which type of decks I get? Anything better about different ones?

The best decks are the ones you build. But are you looking for a deck for standard play or casual?

Either, I guess. I know it’s better to build a deck but I’m talking about the different generations of cards.

oh ok. I’d say if you want a standard deck, look at the metagame and some top decks to give you ideas of what you want to build.
For causal play, it’s really up to you, there are plenty of good decks and deck ideas.

Anybody wanting to sell big batches of magic cards to me? :smiley:

I’m looking to sell some cards. I’ve got a lot of stuff from all over the place.