Any car guys?

I mean…I drive around in a 2000 grand am with a missing rear mirror and 2 windows that don’t roll up.
Can I join the cool car club too!?

6 Likes

I love WRXes. I have an ‘11 hatchback. I had a BMW 330Ci before it, and the WRX is way more fun to drive.

Edit: To be clear, it’s not that I didn’t love the 330Ci. I had it for over 10 years and it’s still one of my favorite cars. It was really hard to let it go :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Sure! You don’t need a cool car to enjoy nice cars or the joy of driving. :+1:

4 Likes

Man the hatches are hands down the best imo!!! If I didn’t need a truck for work I’d be all over a Hawkeye subie

1 Like

Man I bet with a little work that puppy would run just fine! Those Chevy 350s are bulletproof!!

1 Like

Yeah I bought it used about 2 years ago, and after looking at em a bit, I had to have the hatchback. Fun and practical…ish.

1 Like

6 Likes

the Mini Cooper is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. the new ones are meh.

I owned a 1984 300zx turbo with some pretty basic mods. My dream is an 88 Shiro. that will get the big upgrades. I’m an aircraft mechanic who’s built a few cars with my buddies. 87 supra (600+), 240sx (sr20det), miata (scca).

my current project is a 1979 honda CB650 cafe racer. I’ve never ridden or worked on a motorcycle. i wanted to try. it’s SO CHEEEEAAAAPPP!!! i love it.

2 Likes

Thought I would revive this thread with an update of what has gone on with my Genesis!

As of now the list of mods:
Tien Coilovers
Spec D Catback Exhaust
AEM CAI (intake)
Aodahn AH03 Wheels
NRG carbon fiber wing
Aerowolf Endplates
Street Aero Front splitter and stabilizer rods
Home made wing stabilizer set up
Spec D headlights
Tint done locally :slight_smile:
Sakura blossom livery from modified nonstop

Hoping to add a throttle controller soon!

5 Likes

Yep - for sure ton of work on this one

Suspension

White line front and rear sway bars
KYB Excel-g struts
Tein S Tech Springs
TRD front and rear member brace
TRD front Strut Tower Bar
TRD Rear Strut Tower Bar
TRD Door stabilizer

Performance

PPE header and high flow catalytic converter
AEM Intake
HKS muffler
TRD Short Throw Shifter
Spherical cable bushings
Kirkosaurous engine mounts

6 Likes

Sweet ride @JEA86!!!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the 720s like crazy

here is my 1987 Mercedes benz 190e cosworth next to my friends e30 m3

10632765_10205027644757302_382247972062818443_n

4 Likes

Know a little about cars and metal fab. Cause that’s what my dad did for a living. He worked for west coast customs, chip foose, metal crafters, one of the banks project (the diesel truck one), and a bunch of other stuff. So I guess I know just a little under the hood but more about the… car world?

1 Like

Thought I would join in here.

Here is my 1971 C10 that I have building/daily driving for the last several years.

10 Likes

Beauty

Drove this Mercedes 450SLC for a while last year - loved the way it looked but it drove like a truck so I sold it.

Currently dailying a BMW Z3 3.0i I got for super cheap a couple weeks ago :blush:

5 Likes

I seem to fall for this car more and more each day.

6 Likes

I do all of my own work except for tire mounting and balancing so I guess I’m a car guy. I’ve got a Forester (yes I’ve already done the head gaskets, LOL) and a band minivan but my favorite is the CJ7, been across the country a couple times in it.

Currently I’m rebuilding the transmission from my dad’s '72 Cougar.

Ivan

20000104_164928

7 Likes