Any Car guys? Post what you have/What you like.

Any types.

I’m into drag cars. Stuff that’ll go fast in the 1/4.

I’m 15 and just got my first car, a 71 Nova. I’m building a Nitrous 383 for it. I’ll drive it to school everyday and it should run about 6.50 in the 1/8.

Not sure if there are any car guys, but if there that’d be awesome!

I absolutely love cars. So interesting to me. Well I can’t drive yet but me and my father are working on a 1928 ford model a.

I drive a 2003 WRX, and I love it to death. It gets faster, smoother and louder every couple weeks, lol. Ill own a turbocharged Subaru as long as I’m still able to drive. They’re just way too much fun.

After this one is paid off I’m going to start shopping for a newer model STi to swap into the Bugeye, then rebuild the STi! Really excited for it.

Yea, I like cars.

I don’t really have a good source of income being a minor but I have 2004 Hyundai elantra. Nothing special. It’s a practical car. Easy to work with. Id like to buy this old 75 vw bug I saw on the side of the road today. Not sure how much they want for it but its pretty clean. Hopefully not too much. I’d like to put some work into it and make it a fun car.

I have loved cars since I was 8. I know more about cars when they’re stock than the modifying stuff, but I hope to learn someday. Problem is, i’m only 13.

Make it into a Volksrod…
I like Hot Rods, Koenigseggs, and Paganis. ::slight_smile:

I’m a fan. Right now I have a 2.0T FSI Volkswagen GTI. All it has is an intake right now, next will be the tune from APR when I get money saved up. Don’t really need to go all out on exhaust and downpipe on this car until after the tune. You can get all the stages programmed in beforehand and change them with the cruise control stalk.

I do like muscle cars too and most imports. I just don’t have time to really get into them with work, life and yoyos. I go to my friend’s garage a lot though to help him with his Turbo Camaro built with an lQ4. We mostly focus on 1/4 mile up here in Iowa. No one really likes the 1/8 mile. I think my friend’s car is in the 9s, maybe 8s. First time he goes all out they’ll kick him out for not having a cage.

I also autocrossed my 2002 Civic that had IHE and upgraded suspension. Was fun but the wait in between laps and the drive out there is kind of lame. A lot of Subaru guys out here go to those, and Mustang guys. I was looking for a WRX before the GTI. Maybe some day.

@Yoda, no cage and running low 9’s is stupid fast with no cage! lol,what c.i. motor is in youre friends Camaro?

Oh and If you guys can, post a picture of your car! or what your working on

Here’s the build list, since this was written he’s replaced the turbo with a bigger one (trubonetics?)

Onto the parts list:

Engine:
103k mile 03 LQ4 stock rotating assembly - local yard
TU1 cam
Lunati dual springs
LS7 lifters
LS9 head gaskets
Stock LS6 intake/TB

Transmission
94 4L80E with supposedly 80k - $250 craigslist find
HD2
Circle D 3500 stall
Stock A4 shifter/pedals
BMR crossmember

Turbo parts
On3 76mm .96ar turbo
Tial 38mm wastegate
RPS 50mm BOV
CXRacing intercooler
AEM Truboost

Fuel system
80# injectors
dual walbros
stock rails/lines

Rear end
Stock 10 bolt for now - have the 3.42 rear that the car came with and a 2.73 rear as well. Suggestions on which would be best?

And the car is ran on E85

Also here’s his build thread. It doesn’t seem he’s updated it since March.

I also have a friend who is doing a Turbo Silverado with the On3 that was on this car.

that seems fast for what it is. that Silverado would be awesome!
heres my dads 72 nova:

Dang! That’s pretty sweet. Does he ever have to use the schute?

Yeah my friend ended spending like $9k on the whole care. Bought a water damaged Camaro (his 4th) for $3k and parted it out. Then built it from the ground up pretty much. I was over there the other day helping him install a re-welded manifold and some exhaust pipes. It’s crazy how he’s spinning tires without even flooring it. I know some guys sell their cars after the build saying that’s the best part, but he will only sell that for a Mustang and then put the same motor in it that’s in his Camaro. The only reason for that is because they are lighter and come with better suspension stock.

For now I am more than happy with my 14 second car that with a tune can be a high 13 second. I have a bike too but don’t ride it after I dropped it. I need to sell it. It’s just 250, and I would almost like to get a Honda Ruckus and put a dirtbike motor in to get to 50 mph just to cruise around town.

@Yoda, that’s awesome man!
Hey 13’s is still pretty quick for a street car.
My nova should go mid 11’s in the 1/4.
any chance you could post a picture of the Camaro and your stuff?

I saw a 1965 split window corvette the other day and started to drool… Only 700 made I think? Also going to a car show this weekend!

I woke up in a new bughadi the other day.

This was a joke about rap pronunciation, I hope? :slight_smile:

One day, I shall own a 1964 Cooper Monaco, a 1974 Plymouth Barracuda with a hemi, and a 1972 Plymouth Duster. One day.

I went to the “shades of the past” show in Tennessee one year and it was crazy how much those guys ha into their cars. They were nice. It was a great time. Almost bought a radiator but decided not to.