Any bass fishermen

Nice catch! Feels good to break a slump. This week was the first time I landed any bass in… About 18 years. I mainly chase trout out West or just panfish around home.

2 Likes

Oh wow. Did it feel good?

1 Like

Yep. The decent-sized one surprised me. Now I want to hook more.

2 Likes

I know, it’s awesome.

1 Like

what rod are you working with?

8" 5wt Cabela’s rig that I have had for about 20 years.

2 Likes

I know not a bass, but landed a very nice trout yesterday! Caught it on a teeny tiny barbless midge nymph too. Biggest one I’ve caught in GA! 20”+

7 Likes

Nice 'bow!

You’ve caught one though, right? Oh @Roy_Dodge I forgot to mention I caught the two bass on a Ned rig. Tried it for the first time today.

1 Like

Caught thousands of bass. I’ve had summers were I fished every single day for months when I was a teenager. Had an awesome pond across the street growing up. Good times.

3 Likes

Nice! Like it?

1 Like

I mean I caught two fish and hooked 4 for the first time in 3 months so yes… I will be using again. :joy:

2 Likes

Those pictures are amazing. That reminds me that I have spent 6 hours at a fish tank (those with more fish than water) and I managed to leave that place with zero catch. Hahahaha… But at least I could cast my fly bait above 40cm. (Why fly fishing at fish tank? IDK.)

2 Likes

I don’t look for bass, I just catch whatever bites. Maryland is an interesting place for fishing since we have no naturally occurring lakes besides man-made lakes. I sometimes have luck but that’s on a rare occasion.

2 Likes

Same here in Georgia.

Went back to the same area today and caught about the same amount of fish - but generally larger panfish - in much less time. Definitely a new favorite. One bass this time, and not too big - but was fun because he hammered a popper. Some really nice sized panfish in this marsh, and the colorations vary a lot and are often striking. After only getting them on poppers last time, I got a few bigger ones on streamers this time.

5 Likes

Had another great day of fishing with the ned rig. Hooked 5 and landed 3.

3 Likes

Caught two or three bass today. Some neighbors at the pond who fish there a lot stocked it with 3 7 pounders and 1 9 pounder. This pond is about to get super fun.

1 Like

Nice! Hope you land one of the big ones!

2 Likes

Me too. I caught a one pounder that fought super hard for being small. Can’t imagine what a nine pounder is like.

2 Likes