Any bass fishermen

Banjer Minner? Cmon man… got that in the 90s and never caught nothing on that.

2 Likes

You wasn’t holdin yer mouth right.

1 Like

So, my issue with the Ned is that is seems like a bait just for clear bottom lakes. Most of the lakes I fish have vegetation. Do not only does the Ned get hidden by the weeds on the bottom ( unless a fish grabs it on the fall) but then it also gets hung up and fouled all the time.

4 Likes

I don’t like the BassPro copy of them near as much. It seems BP likes to copy everyone but makes a worse product on most I’ve tried.

Something special about the Keitech. Fish have literally not let go of them they liked em so much. I had to buy a deep hook removal tool just for them. By the time I noticed a hit on the fall they were in the stomach already! Sometimes I thought I was hung up only to watch my line take off lol. They are fragile and bit pricey but have always been worth it imho. My wife was pulled down the river in a kayak by a monster 19" small mouth on one. :joy:

3 Likes

You can rig the bait Texas style to prevent weeds, I’ve also been looking into the tiny child rig, like a bed but with the hook on the opposite end and Texas rigged to keep it weed less.

3 Likes

Anyone got a Ned rig I can trade a yoyo for?

Been trying a Rattle Trap (lipless crankbait) and I had my first bass in 2 months yesterday. I lost him trying to flip it but hey… I had a bass. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The cicadas have made an early top water season for me! While not the style of fishing I’m the best at, it sure is fun getting that surface explosion.

3 Likes

How do you hook them?

The bass jigs I use are from screwy lewy lures. I definitely recommend checking them out.

I thought the very sudden motion and the toss back was kind of humorous. Still, this guy was very rude and stupid as all get out.

Yesterday I caught probably 6-7 baby bass on a rod and reel. First, you need to find a “fish nursery”. Somewhere you know fish lay their eggs and you know there are baby fish. Take a small net and collect mosquitofish in a bucket. You’re gonna want to use a tiny hook. Just wacky rig them… Straight through the back. You can use a bobber but I like watching the fish come up and eat it and setting the hook.

1 Like

I look demented but I had the sun in my eyes lol. Baby spotted bass on a rod and reel.

6 Likes

Little guy really wanted my valley hill jerkbait, the bait was almost as big as he was

3 Likes

Ha! I caught one today on a minnow. I also caught a few bluegill on the strike king bitsy minnow.

1 Like

Got a little guy yesterday on the stimulator at center. Tried a couple of ponds at a local state park and it was pretty meh. One turned out to be kids only and the other was loaded with carp. Glad I got anything at all tbh.

4 Likes

Idk if some of those are poppers but I’ve wanted to try poppers for awhile now.

1 Like

Yep, couple of poppers there. No luck with then yesterday but will keep trying.

1 Like

Checked out a marsh about 30 mins away today. Wind was awful (had to fly cast into it) and had to fight a lot of weeds and algae. But I will be going back.

Landed that guy on a streamer. One other bass on a different streamer as well.

10 panfish, all on poppers. I don’t care what species, topwater action is amazing.

5 Likes

Yes! I caught two bass today for the first time in almost 3 months. One weighed 1lb and 13oz and I didn’t weigh the other because he was even smaller.

1 Like