Any bass fishermen

I just picked up fishing at the new year so lots to learn on my behalf…especially when you’re not catching a thing. (The bass are just not present or not interested). My brother’s caught a couple on one of those articulated swim baits though around here.

Heading out to do some fly fishing in a minute. Trying to determine if I’ll start with a popper or a streamer :thinking:

3 Likes

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.

Believe it or not some of the greatest days I’ve ever had bass fishing were with the “Banjo Minnow”

2 Likes

I have always been a jerk bait fisherman. I love fishing other styles and techniques but if I need to rip a lip on a rough day I’m going to tie on an ito vision 110 or variant there of. Just recently picked up this new stick just for ripping some jerk baits.

Side note, if you want to get into jerk baits you totally don’t have to spend megabass prices, there are a ton of decent jerkbaits out there.

Oh, or just learn to fish a Texas rig. My fishing buddy throws a Texas rig 90 percent of the time and has no issues filling a live well, just pick the plastic to match the water conditons/season.

4 Likes

Hell Yeah… what a high-high flier you got!
But the Texas rig has always been a go to bait especially for bass!! Here in Illinios I run into lakes , ponds, fishing holes, & of course the Illinios river!? I find mostly catfish in river and bass, bluegill , croupy are so much fun!
Just that I use a broken Zebco… old pole… but new string & rig/bait!

1 Like

Tried a new river I’ve not fished before, it was moving pretty good. Saw 3 smallmouth that swam by pretty quick. Didn’t have a lot of time, ran out a bit to scout it while the kids were sleeping. Then scooted home when my wife called and said they were up.

Will be going back here though, it looked promising.

2 Likes

Sounds promising! Never chased smallies before, although there is apparently a good river for those not too far away - but in a different state, so… I’ve yet to pony up for the nonresident license so I can try for them. All largemouth here previously.

1 Like

I don’t have great smallies in my immediate area, mostly largies and if I am on the larger creeks I can snag some rock bass. Only about 4 hours away from the lake with the world record smallie, just never seem to find the time to make the trip with so many good fishing holes near by

1 Like

I mostly fly fish for trout in high Sierra streams, but I occasionally like to throw a Texas rig for some largies in my local ponds.

5 Likes

Since 2016 whopper ploppers have been fun to fish and catch em! The ducks are good too. So is the SPRO rat! Of course the Pop Max is fun and a legend! Ito’s lithograph hand drawn design of the Pop Max was cool too! The Jackal Pompadour’s are fun to fish and work well!

Vision’s are great but there are good copies.

We do like Megabass and Keitech.

The Keitech fat swim impact soft baits have some special smell or taste and action! Bass destroy them!

4 Likes

I have a Blockade I’ll trade for some fishing stuff. Has damage so it’s not $100 anymore. Maybe $75-$80? Offer.

1 Like

I love fishing top water. Like bass shark week. Good ole Rebel poppers.

4 Likes

Hoping to do some top water once the summer starts.

1 Like

I like trout! North Georgia Mountains.

9 Likes

Soon as the dogwoods bloom it’s going down.

1 Like

Oh yes.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the cicada hatch, it’ll be nuts here in a few weeks to a month.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the keitech fat impact. I’ve caught a ton of fish with them.

1 Like

Been using the Ned rig for a while. Simple cheap and easy to use. Baits last forever.

4 Likes