Another $180 titanium yoyo pre-order

I think the main difference is that this is not being mass marketed, or sold at retailers that kids frequent. This is being sold on Reddit (never for kids) and a forum that (while policed pretty well) should definitely only be used with supervision given the direct interaction with adults. @chaosgow only put ‘ads’ for it on his personal Instagram on top of that. While I love JDs throws I understand the apprehension there given they are widely publicized and sold on his website that is essentially a toy store.

3 Likes

It’s not so much about kids accessing them as much as it’s like middle schooler level humor.

3 Likes

No u.

But I do see where you’re coming from. We should make the next one something more delicately distasteful.

1 Like

Like Canker Blossom…

Sorry.

You’re not wrong. I just like silly names. It’s not trying to be the coolest thing ever, it’s the same reason I used to randomly put penises on yoyos. It’s to remind you to not take this all so seriously. We’re all here to have a good time. Sometimes competitiveness gets the better of us all and we need a reminder of why we’re here.

I’ll save the serious names for OP

10 Likes

An extreme H shape Ti called The Grundle.

5 Likes

I really wish I pre-ordered this instead of the Ti-Vayder :unamused:

3 Likes

Curious, why?

1 Like

You don’t like th Vayder? It’s pretty darn good.

2 Likes

Perhaps because the Wanker was a limited run, pre-order only thing, and the Vayder is gonna be around for a while

Having both is definitely better than having one, as they’re both great!

3 Likes

Well that’s easy, you never pre-ordered a Ti-Vayder as no such concept ever existed :wink:

4 Likes

Looking back, I realize now that my main intention for buying the Ti-Vayder was to finally get a titanium yoyo, wasn’t really too focused on the specs. It was much too undersized to be enjoyable to me, and I didn’t want to keep a $140 yoyo that I don’t enjoy playing. The Wanker, on the other hand, looks full sized with a very interesting width. I feel like I would’ve enjoyed the Wanker, hopefully staying in my collection for much longer than the Ti-Vayder did.

It just isn’t for me, too undersized. If it weren’t made of titanium, I would never have bought it.

1 Like

Got me on a technicality, time to go buy another Vayder :lying_face:

I think I just wanted a good titanium yoyo, one that would stay in my collection as my trusty titanium. I think if I had ordered the Wanker, I would still have a titanium yoyo in my collection today.

There’s so many titanium yoyos out there, a lot of them come up pretty cheap on the BST. No shame in used yoyos, especially considering some of the deals people are putting out

2 Likes

I totally respect people who buy used, but I’m a proponent of always buying new.

That’s a… pinteresting… definition of “undersize”. It’s definitely more mid-sized by modern standards, but the specs were published and known.

3 Likes

Mid sized is really what I like, the the Ti Vayder is just right for me. It’s certainly satisfied my desire for titanium for now.

3 Likes