My Collection

You get what you ask for :slight_smile:

OKAY let’s do the math

Problem: I’m claiming that the Ti-Vayder is

So what does that really mean? Well, yoyos feel small when they have either a small diameter or a small width, so basically, a yoyo feels small when it doesn’t take up much space in your hand. We can quantify a yoyo’s ability to take up space with volume. To do this, we’ll need to simplify a yoyo’s dimensions to just its diameter and width, which, when simplified, leaves us with a nice cylinder for calculations. What I plan to do is create cylinders for all the yoyos in my collection and compare the Ti-Vayder’s cylinder to my collection’s cylinders.

Math:
To quantify the difference between my collection and the Ti-Vayder, I’ll calculate the mean and standard deviation of the volumes of all my collection’s cylinders and then see how many standard deviations away the Ti-Vayder’s volume is (essentially how different the numbers are).

Results (from above):
Mean: 434 cm3
Standard Deviation: 25 cm3
Z-Score: -2.21

The results show that the average volume of the yoyo cylinders in my collection is 434 cm3. The Ti-Vayder’s volume is 378 cm3, a whopping 2.21 standard deviations away, which means that the probability of the Ti-Vayder belonging in my current collection is next to 0 (the second picture shows a graph of this likelihood). It’s quite interesting that the Ti-Vayder’s volume is only 12.7% less than the average volume of my collection, as it shows how much a few millimeters matter.

TL;DR: I did the math. The Ti-Vayder is that much smaller than the rest of my collection.

Note: I know this is a pretty inadequate report from a statistics standpoint, I just didn’t want to do all of the proper analysis and explain every little thing lol ALSO I didn’t even conclude if the size of the Ti-Vayder is definitively not enjoyable for me, mainly bc the statistics done answer a completely different question. I think I would need to try a bunch of different yoyos near the lower volume of my collection and somehow determine the threshold for an unappealing volume.

11 Likes