Annoying yoyo brand names

There are tons of brands and yoyo products that annoy me these days with their names.

‘Reticulated Return Tops’

Annoys the tech out of me.

I feel better now.

7 Likes

Oh man, Spinworthy. Like, what was that guy thinking? :roll_eyes:

Juuuuust kidding Glen. I do like saying Spinworthy in Steve Irwin’s voice though.

Crikey! It’s a Spinworthy Harbinger!

Aw, I miss Steve :confused:. He was like, mr. Rogers status. Just an all around nice guy.

14 Likes

What annoys you about it? I dig the snake theme.

3 Likes

None of them annoy me anywhere near as much as when people add an unecessary s on to the end of the word ‘Lego’ to make it plural. Same goes for vinyl.

5 Likes

Spinworthy

A return tops(amplified was the OG ART)

I don’t like how YYF and YYF are both shortened to YYF so I have to fully spell out YYF sometimes

No names really bother me that much though. I guess long names without a common abbreviation are a little annoying.

Except spinworthy, omg I hate them so much

13 Likes

I don’t know if there are any brand names I find annoying, but I do find it annoying when I have to research what the abbreviations that everyone uses are meant to “spell out”. Ex: CLYW, iLYY, A-RT, etc.

I will also say that I prefer yoyo brands that have names that reflect their countries of origin. For instance, I prefer a name like Sengoku over a name like Yoyo Recreations (or worse, Sturm Panzer) for a Japanese company.

4 Likes

I find most brand and yo-yo names to be either corny or cringey tbh.

I think the most corny/cringey is SturmPanzer and their yo-yo names, followed by Rebellion’s.

Like bruh it’s a yo-yo calm down.

7 Likes

What else is there to say except that this serves me right for making a post about annoying names.

I always figured Spinworthy was a pretty good name. It is fitting and simple.

5 Likes

I like anything that clearly communicates it’s a yo-yo company without being weird or over the top.

I love yo-yo, yoyofactory, Yoyorecreation, C3 YoYo Designs- great

Yoyojoker, yoyofficer - not feeling it

Individual yo-yo names are another rant entirely.

3 Likes

I like this too.

My name is actually Spinworthy Yoyos, but I didn’t include the ‘Yoyos’ in my logo and the initials ‘SY’ or ‘SWY’ don’t look as good as ‘SW’ I don’t think.

4 Likes

OPYOYOS annoys me because the concept is so good and simple it makes me wish I thought of it first.

1 Like

wtyy?

4 Likes

Hm, I guess we Germans should have chosen Sturmpanzer then instead of ILYY.
That wouldn’t have been a bad marketing choice at all.

3 Likes

Magic YoYo. It just sounds like an American didn’t choose the name. Awesome company though.

3 Likes

One Drop doing multiple drops. I mean, come on, its so annoying :lying_face:

6 Likes

Also agree that ART was the OG and A/RT just elbowed their way in using their fame to overshadow the original.

However, that being said, Canadians have to use Return Tops, and Americans do not, so the fact that US based ART chose to use “return tops” is also, not a great move.

I do not own either, for the record, or reasons unrelated.

9 Likes

This is important to remember as far as company names.

1 Like

Diddo

Which was first?

Amplified Return Tops (ART)

After that name was well established, Alternate Return Tops (A/RT)

They both stepped on each other’s toes in a way. ART by using Return Tops, and A/RT by using same acronym, but adding their own vanilla ice slash.

3 Likes