Anime lovers?

My favorites are:
Tokyo ghoul
Plastic memories
Golden time

I’m really into romance, drama, sad, and emotional genres. Angel beats hit hard as well, and I loved the anime movies:
Weathering with you
Kimi no na wa
To me, the one who loved you

I recommend these anime, and would appreciate recommendations as well, as i’ve been struggling to find good anime.

Some might consider me to be a bit of a weeb. Started out young maybe 8 years old or so when my mom copped me a Shonen Jump subscription from the scholastic book fair (iykyk). Spent a lot of time then reading OP and Naruto as those were just starting to get published in English in the early 2000’s. Those stories certainly weren’t as far along back then. Read a few manga from Clamp, and Ken Akamatsu ( I was young okay ), some HxH, Deathnote, etc. Got my whole family into Ghibli films, would have my mom rent me stuff like Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo (still one of my all time favorites). Tried to be attentive to the big ones like Ghost in the Shell, Akira and such but I was just too young to appreciate those masterpieces at the time.

Always been a nerd but as I grew up through my teenage years I had more than enough hobbies to keep me away from the weeb life (yo-yoing was one of em). But fast forward to when Toonami started running Naruto, I legit DVR’d every episode until Netflix was a thing and then it was game on from there.

Me and my roommate at the time decided we would watch every single episode of Naruto together, even the fillers. Took us quite a few years given our schedules but we actually caught up with the show just as it was ending.

Along the way we got sucked into a lot of the forementioned ones, AOT, Death note, One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, etc.

A crunchy roll subscription, an exteeeensive manga and figure collection later, I have now undertaken the monster I’ve feared for years but am diving in with absolutely zero regret, you guessed it , One Piece. Been watching on and off for a few years but have been hitting it hard lately and sheeesh yeah I’m a weeb.

Anyways if you’re still with me, you must also certainly be a weeb or maybe just want to see what I can highly recommend at this point, so here’s my list:

And in no particular order-

Shonen: ( for the non weeb- these are the super long ones where you watch a child grow up to be OP and awesome)

Hunter x Hunter

Naruto

One piece

(Don’t be intimidated, tame those beasts)

Want sum Gore:

Berserk - The Golden Age Arc

Tokyo Ghoul (Phenominal anime but manga sooo much better which says a lot)

Attack on Titan

Up and comers: (Been up and still coming )

My Hero Academia - Family Friendly with really good animation

Jujitsu Kaisen - not so family friendly with some of the most unique and wonderful animation I’ve seen in a minute

Demon Slayer - Perhaps some of the best fight sequences ever animated

Black Clover

Mashle

Dr. Stone

Goblin Slayer

Vinland Saga

Chainsaw Man

Light Hearted:

Spy Family - just a good time

Neon Genesis Evangellion - (lmao no it’s not lighthearted but hnnng so good)

Seven Deadly Sins - (Mostly upbeat)

Soul Eater

Assassination Classroom

The Quintessential Quintuplets

The Classics: (Neon Genesis actually belongs here lol)

Cowboy Beebop

Samurai Champloo

Full metal alchemist (OG or brotherhood both good)

Ruroni Kenshin

Dragon Ball

Misc. Anime Movies:

Ninja Scroll

Ghost in the Shell

Akira

Mirai

Anything Ghibli

Paprika

Manga:

Deadman Wonderland - my all time favorite manga. They kinda butchered the anime so I can’t recommend watching it but please read this I love this twisted story so much.

Blame! - some of the most beautiful panels I’ve ever seen, second only to

Berserk - unmatched but very long and still unfinished

If you plan on reading manga choose whatever anime you liked and dive into that universe. Mangas are generally deeper and quite different than their anime counterparts.

You can say I have a special passion for this art form.

If you can’t find the pervy anime list it’s because redit can help you with that lmao.

This nerd is done rambling. Happy watching yall.

1 Like

What about Demon Slayer!!??

unnamed (2)
unnamed (25)

2 Likes

Demon Slayer has the best animation out of every single anime in my opinion! You can pause it at any moment and it will still be perfect! Unlike Naruto lol!
hqdefault
images (86)
download (98)
But no disrespect to Naruto tho! It was one of the first anime I watched and that’s what got me hooked on anime

2 Likes

2 Likes

I mean naruto had AMAZING animation considering it was first aired about 22 years ago!
and compared to that demon slayer is a very new anime which ofcourse will have better animation

Akira Toriyama, creator of Dragon Ball, has passed away.

1 Like

Another great one goes, sad :pensive:

1 Like

5b6

2 Likes

New ones for this month I’ve completed/am completing:

We Never Learn: Bokuben
Gushing Over Magical Girls
Zom 100.

So far absolutely loving all 3 and have The Eminence In Shadows lined up for next week.

Also, absolutely HYPED for more Konosuba this year
:triumph:

M̶̛̟͚̈̔̄̅̑̂̀͑͑͠͝͠ ̸̻͍̲̗́̅̒̌̈́̃͠o̴̧͓̫̚͜ ̷̩̗̣̀̔́̈̏͆̊̊̄̑̂̕͠Ŗ̵̙͎̰̫̯͙͚̰̭͓͉̰͈̎͌̈́̈́ ̸̼̲̪̰͈͈̔̈̆͑̿̄̂̈́͊́̓͝e̷̱̓̔͂̄̓̏̏͌̕

i have been watching azumanga daioh in class and now my whole class is raving about it

1 Like

Azumanga daioh is absolutely a gem!

I don’t know how I’ll carry on without more “Mr. Villain’s Day Off”, seemed like the series finale just aired :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I started watching “The Devil is a Part-Timer!” So far I’m in season 2 and it’s actually a pretty goated anime

2 Likes

This is one of my all time F̵̪̥͘ ̸̢̹͕̱̮̝̫̯̣̖̥͕͆̈́͐͒̎̌̍́̆̌̋̔́̉̀͑̕͝Ä̶̺͚̭̹̖͂́͒͒̿ ̷̭͓̹͉̣͍͚̙̳͈̟̭͆̓́͛̓͆̔͆̆͂̀̈̕͝V̸̧̦͎̞͔̤̠͆͊̓̈́̓̕͠ ̵̡̜̤̜̥͎̺͇̖̹̬͍̤̻̌̈́̏͠ͅẸ̴̖͓̗̃̽̓́̈́̓͒̕͝͝ ̴͙̲̩̯͇̪̩͔̮̖͂̎̆͠S̵̛͎̪̼̦̳̠̲͕͈̓̆͆͌͒̈́̄̇̉͘̚͜ and both seasons were such a joy to watch :slight_smile:

Translation please

faves.

thank you

HxH supremacy

1 Like