Anglam by an asian teenager(sOMEThING)

like, they are made by different companies, but they are the same bearing.

Good news.

Got mine today, stop wondering, just get it.

HELL YEAH. What do you think about it,my friend? What is your first impressions?

I live in France, so it came with an ADC curved bearing, for information. This thing is pretty heavy compared to what I’m used to throwing (Stampede, Goutte and Sleipnir mostly, nothing heavier than 65g) But it is dead smooth on the string, it has an incredible spin power, it can spin forever. It’s also extremely stable and it can move pretty fast. The ano and the engravings are very high quality. Just for comparison, I’ve tried most of Japanese high end throws, and even owned about two dozen of YYR, and I can easily say the Anglam is above, it’s definitely worth every cent I spent for it.

He’s an Asian. Skill levels don’t apply.

Did you clean and lube the bearing which came with the yoyo, my friend?

This little jewel came with a perfectly clean and silent bearing. Plus it’s totally dead smooth, it would have been a shame to open it ;D

I’m definitely getting this yoyo on this week.Thanks for your replies,my french friend.

Keep the stereotypes out of this thread :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, how long have you been yoyoing to not know a “curved” bearing is the same as a KK? They both center the string, so they both improve the balance and stability of the yoyo a bit.

Right, like why did he emphasize that point in the first place.

Different brands. Never mind, my friend.

just to clear something up here, titanium is not a light weight metal (atleast not compared to aluminum). It’s much more dense than aluminum (almost 2x the density, actually. ti - 4.5 g/cm^3, al - 2.7 g/cm^3)
The reason why it can be used to perfect weight distribution is that it’s incredibly durable. Meaning they can make very very thin walls without worrying about integrity.

aka “specific strength”.

However, it’s not that simple. Regardless of the material, there is a minimum safety thickness for machining (typically >1mm), if you go thinner than that the defect rate becomes too high. So it’s not like you can go infinitely thin with the walls even if the material may be able to hold it.

In general, this means that titanium alloys are less effective as a material for the body than 7075. But things gets quite complicated when you factor in the effect of its density to the rim weight. The performance of each material then becomes individual to each design.

Just like any engineering design, the tradeoffs and benefits can have quite a complicated relationship which makes it very hard to analyze. It is entirely possible that one design can have greater performance with 6061 than TC4, or vice versa. It is quite impossible come to a conclusion regarding the general performance of one material to anther. One thing we can most certainly say, though, is that titanium yoyos will always be expensive as crack.