Andre Boulay, New yoyos, old videos....

Of course not, he’s a dude…Duncan Hines. ;D

2 Likes

There are very few people I actually ENJOY watching throw a yoyo. People where I stop doing what I am doing and shut up and just watch with so much joy that it is intoxicating.

Andre is one of those throwers. I have the pleasure of living very close to him and seeing him on a pretty regular basis. He throws a TON at yoyo meets and such. At contests not so much but when he does… Well it is something to see… The guy can flat out throw a yoyo. His tricks are still right up there with the best. I am a fan of smooth play and good flow and he has it down to a science…

Some of the more modern throwers have more tech and more “flash” but they lack the soul that the old school throwers have…

4 Likes

^ You got it. Maybe because we live close by, we get to see him throw a lot more often. He is my favorite player. All that quick, choppy stuff, just to get the trick done, looking a mess, is not for me. I’m in favor of the smooth, fluid play. The stuff where you can tell the guy practiced the trick until it was perfect, where he gets the perfect height of the yo-yo off the string, and performs it technically proper, with great form and technique, and gets it smooth as butter. That is the kind of focus and dedication I like to watch when someone throws. Watch Andre do any trick, and then look it up on Youtube and watch other people do it. There is a huge difference, even if they created the trick, he does it better. I don’t want to label him a perfectionist, but if he’s not, he’s pretty close to it.

He reminds me of that music artist, who made that album you loved and were obsessed with. You keep following that artist, waiting for him to make that album all over again, so you can feel the same way you felt when it was released. But, like a true artist, he is beyond that, has moved on, and is in another place in his career. If you are a true fan, you will always be a fan, and appreciate what he is currently doing for what it is. He has done it all, he’s been the professional sponsored player, he’s been the teacher, he’s designed yo-yos, he’s judged contests, founded and run contests, runs his yo-yo store and so much more. Let’s let him move on in his career. Easy for me to say, I’ll see him at Mass States and hope to get some more footage for my iphone. By the way, I backed that video up, in case I lose it :wink:

Andre is the man!

Umm I am not James Reed If it is me who you are reffering to, and it was the guy after andres combo who I spoke of, Just to be clear.

Okay so while at BAC I spoke to a pretty reliable source, and they said the promo video for the HEX is a work in progress. Awesome, can’t wait!

1 Like

No, in the comments on YouTube, James Reed said it. Not referring to you on here.

But yes. I did find it funny actually. :smiley:

Ahhhh hahahah nice, Maybe he just over looked it :slight_smile: