An opinion i have gotten as of late...in regards to player/brand gossip

this is what i see on yoyo forums now “jensen kimmitt quits yoyoing OMGWTFBBQXDDTHISISTHEENDOFTHEWORLD” kind of annoying…let it be guys…he’s got things to do and places to be and doesn’t need millions of messages and adds and comments and whatnot on his facebook. leave him be and move on to hyping other players that are just as talented. It’s not like it’s the end of the world if one talented player quits. stop with the gossip and discuss important things like new yoyos that are coming out and the next contest or gathering of your local area of yoyo players. We’re all human and we don’t need to focus on which yoyo player is the best or the coolest or whatever. Just play yoyo, have fun, be competitive, meet people, learn and experience new things. We’re a big community but the last thing we need is for our favorite players to be in the same class as a celebrity, they’re normal people and thats how they should be treated, as people. If you want to talk about them talk about their skill and style as a player and not their actions in regards to teams and yoyoing sure go for it…but badmouthing them and the company they play for or saying “i liked them better when they were here” is rather immature and in all honesty a bit insulting to them as people. Let them make their own choices and just live with it just like they do. It’s actually pretty easy if you try.

5 Likes

I agree with this.
yoyoing without ‘insert your fav thrower here’ wont be like linkin park without chester.
Lol.

2 Likes

it would be nice to not have to hear gossip or bashing every ten minutes, i mean come on! It’s not like we can’t yoyo anymore or something

So true. Thank you for posting these words of wisdom (likes of which I haven’t seen on this forum for a while)
I am also getting sick of the countless pointless threads on gossip.
I also have a life outside yo-yoing.
I think I will go read a book now.

Leave Britney alone

2 Likes

This is precisely why I haven’t been very active in my few hours off of work. I know of a different forum where this kind of stuff isn’t tolerated. I don’t really have the time to frequent forums all to much but as of late it seems like I am caring less and less about YYE forums. This is pretty sad, maybe it is the onset of a boom, maybe it is the fact that SOME kids are WAY too socially inept to have a life of their own, maybe it is the facebook/twitter generation being themselves. Either way I don’t like it. I don’t really care if Jensen quits, competes, conquers, etc. It is his life, let him live it, whatever happened to keeping your snout in your own business?

/sigh

I suppose it can’t be helped, it seems for the majority of the internet that this is the trend, “Follow someone else’s life instead of your own, become your very own internet stalker today!”

-.- …pathetic.

BING!!!