Am I not tall enough to yo-yo past a certain level of tricks?

I use quite short string, ANGELO short, and it doesn’t impede me at all.

2 Likes

Think people pretty much covered what I was going to say, but no, your height shouldn’t be a limitation! There are plenty of kids who can shred better than lots of the grown men and woman on this forum (including myself), and they are wee-little-things.

You shouldn’t be too worried about string length this early on, but if you find that a trick is giving you trouble because of your height or string length, just look for ways to modify the trick to make it work! I often add extra little string wraps, pinches, or fingers into string formations that other people might not to make tricks work for me. I blame this on my smaller than average hands and my love of intricate string tricks. These two things don’t complement each other. :expressionless:

It’s definitely not “cheating” by any means. Someone on this forum gave me the same advice yeearrsss ago (wish I could remember who), and I always think about it when a formation is giving me trouble. In fact, modifying things might just make the trick a bit more stylish or more “you.” :+1:

2 Likes

I’m 1.65 m (5’ 5" in weird 'Muhrica units), and that hasn’t been a problem for me at all. Probably things like Leg Wrap Trap are trickier but thats about it.

Sure, dont follow the belly button string rule, just experiment to find a string lenght that works for you.

3 Likes

Check out Chloe Monsonego (Team OhYesYo). She’s a pretty extreme example because of the extreme string length she uses but I love watching her big movements.

2 Likes

I have a little bit of that same problem. I am 6’2, but I have a 30” inseam. Long story short. I look like this.

So I have short strings if I use the navel method.

However, with my arm-span, (73.5 inches finger tip to fingertip) I’m used as a Mr. Meeseeks for everyone in the house.

3 Likes