Am I crazy or what...?

I was just thinking about this as nothing much else seems to be going on on the forums right now, I find it a lot more difficult to do whips with long sleeves on, I always find myself rolling up my throwhand sleeve, anyone else find it more difficult with long sleeves? I think it is the fact that I lose my tactile response because I don’t actually FEEL what is happening with the string, it isn’t impossible but I find myself having to actually watch the yoyo more. I think I’mma throw up a poll on this too, as I have NEVER made a poll on YYE :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, let me know what you think, and why you think long sleeves do or do not make whips a bit more difficult.

Haha, I guess it’s just what you think. I find it’s easier to move your arm around with short sleeves, but not in general, especially for slacks. But that’s just me.

The slight constriction on my arms annoys me in general so yes.

Yes because I try to roll them up on all the wrong moments. Also do not try to smoke while you play, you burn the carpet, and yourself.

Try yoyoing in a sports coat in general.

Heck, I don’t even like wearing pants when I yoyo cause they get in the way.
I can’t wear a hoodie when I yoyo, it just bugs me too much.

Also I can vouch for the smoking thing. Too ridiculous for me to handle

I hear ya man I can’t hardly land a slack trapeze with my sleeves down.

So, maybe the answer is to learn to trust your tactile sense, like with Astrojax, you feel what is going on before your brain can process what you are seeing. Maybe we should all yoyo blindfolded O.O nah, that is just dumb, unless it is 2a, then, RULEZ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just can’t yoyo with a bracelet on. It swings back and forth slightly, so it feels like the entire momentum of my arm is affected.

I dunno about that one, I would imagine it wouldn’t bother me too much after a week or so. Now here’s a weird one, all of my yoyos get dinged up rims because I have a tungsten carbide ring (google it) which is a lot harder than aluminum. Anyhow, a lot of you would probably say, “Just take it off.” I can’t yoyo without it on, my hand feels too light and it bothers me, especially considering I use my ring finger on my Throwhand a lot in some of my tricks :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah. It messes me up. Especially long sleeves. I think it is pretty fun to wear long sleeves while yoyoing. Even if it is frustrating, oh well!

It usually doesn’t, but if I’m learning a new whip, or experimenting, I’ll roll em up. Also, tricks that involve string over the arms tend to get flubbed when I wear long sleeves.

1 Like

i tend to have some good luck with yoyoing with a hoodie on…you might be a lil bit crazy :stuck_out_tongue: but i have heard of people having issues with long sleeves and yoyoing

if the sleeves are long enough, i cant yoyo at all! your not crazy :wink:

I yoyo with the rattiest hoddie on sometimes. The sleeves are ripped and tattered 12 ways to 12 other places, and I put my thumbs through two of those holes… the ends of the sleeves (or whats left) literally touch my fingertips. Say what you want, but it’s so freaking comfortable. All that and I still yoyo just fine in it, don’t know what’s wrong with you guys :wink: