Always happens

Just got a new throw, and within 20 minutes hit it on the carpet. It’s like getting a ding on a new car, it’s bound to happen but geez does it sting when it does.

6 Likes

Better than landing on your activated table saw

4 Likes

Idk. I feel like at that point I would know it’s gone and have an excuse to buy a new throw.

Did that actually happen to you?

1 Like

Carpet? What’s the damage?

Got this one in less than 5 min😖

7 Likes

Oh no. I was just being dramatic. I usually prefer to yoyo away from any power tools and over a bubbling hot vat of hydrofluoric acid 🫧

3 Likes

I dinged / deep scratched a B-grade Popstar on concrete right outside the post office. I just assumed the string was NOT four feet long!

9 Likes

My ego

2 Likes

The worst part for me is that, it always happens to my expensive, or rare yoyos… not the ones I intentionally pick as beaters that somehow stay pristine.

If it’s a $20 plastic, you better believe it’s never been dinged or damaged.

7 Likes

One thousand percent

1 Like

wait how rough is your carpet :joy:

2 Likes

It’s really thin apartment carpet. So when it hits it definitely hits the floor lol. Vibe is abundant in my carpet

4 Likes

well it is a $10 b grade popstar better compared to dinging my A-rt grail 2 days after unboxing.

1 Like

There will never be one second in my life when smacking a yo-yo causes the same feeling as dinging a New car, lol.

Unless your yo-yo cost $40,000…

It’s a simple matter of mental adjustment.

A yo-yo is a toy and a tool. It is for play/practice/enjoyment…

There are show horses and work horses. If you buy a show horse yoyo, just display it on the bookshelf.

If you get a yo-yo to learn yoyo tricks, don’t buy a yo-yo you fear damaging. Living in fear is not living…. It is called stress or fear of impending doom.

You get a tennis racket, you are goona scuff it going after ground balls.

You get a mountain bike, you are gonna smack it around.

Any toy/tool you get to accomplish a mission, is gonna take a hit sooner or later.

Adjust your mind to accept the reality that if fear motivates you to be super careful, you will distract your focus from actually learning. You will use more energy trying to not ding your yo-yo.

I am not saying that dings are fun. I’m not suggesting that the first ding on a new yoyo should ‘be fun’.

Here’s a good drill. As soon as you get that first ding, do these 4 things:

1. Smile. 2. Shake your head. 2. Shrug your shoulders. 4. Then continue throwing.

Dinged yo-yos aren’t victims. They are Warriors.

7 Likes

I’ve never seen a Show Horse… :thinking:

But I have seen a Show Pony… :joy:

2 Likes