alright looking for my first one drop

alright what can you guys tell me about the code 2? because i also have been eyeing a code 2 argonaut since the get go it got released.

the secrets out you canā€™t trust paul with any secrets.

from what i know the code 2 is pretty stable and plays nice i canā€™t remember ever playing with one though.

The Code 2 is very stable and extremely comfortable. As with all OD yoyos, the pyramatte is ā€œmediumā€ for grindsā€¦ some people get by just fine and canā€™t tell the difference, but I do not like it as well as a blast.

I would get a Nautilus with the spikes instead of the Argonaut with the discs. Unless you ALSO get another set of side effects. But thatā€™s just meā€¦ The Code 2 is not ā€œfloatyā€ to begin with, and the discs will make it very solid and determined on the string, indeed. The default spikes produce a great-playing yoyo IMO, and Ultra-Lights are even better (again, IMO).

The one criticism that it gets from time to time is that it does not have its own character. This might be true if youā€™re expecting it to be either really zippy (itā€™s not) or a major powerhouse (itā€™s powerful, but itā€™s not a Berzerker or anything)ā€¦ it DOES straddle some middle grounds. But overall I think it DOES have its own characterā€¦ when I play a Code 2, it feels altogether likeā€¦ a Code 2. :wink:

Overall, since I DO tend to prefer zippier yoyos, the Code 2 isnā€™t my ultimate throw. But for some people itā€™s their #1, their ultimate, their daily player. Maybe youā€™ll be one ofā€™em!

I was planning on getting some side effects with it because I find having SE interesting so Iā€™m thinking on getting some domes or ultra lights due to the fact that I saw how heavy it was.