AlleyCat 650b or Weekender?

Hey guys,

I love modern responsive play ( stalls, bit of 1a, kickflips and such )…
I currently own a bunch of woods, and a YYF confusion, I was wondering which one would you recommend the most.

Thanks for the recs guys,
paxl

4 Likes

They are seriously at both ends of the spectrum. The Weekender has really high walls, and is super light. Makes stalls, STM nice. The 650B is a little heavier, more rim weight, has a little more usable gap. Stalls are great, kickflips are a little nicer I think on the 650B with the extra rim weight giving it a little more umph to flip. I think if you want to push through and work through some 1A style tricks the 650B is a little nicer with the extra weight.

If you are able, I’d suggest getting both, if you were to only get one I’d suggest the 650B. And there was just a release of some really great editions of it here on YYE.

5 Likes

Nice answer, thanks. How does the 650B compares to the Confusion then ? Confusion has very low walls. I can do some 1A on it but It is quite snaggy. ( bear in mind, I don’t unresponsive, I only play responsitve yoyo )

1 Like

Confusion is cool too, I like the standard over the GT for responsive play. Again, two totally different yoyos, for what you said you wanted to do, I’d still suggest the 650b. Confusion, to me, is at this fine line between a 1A and 0A yoyo, it’s a really fun yoyo, but I lean toward playing more 1A type stuff than the typical 0A.

1 Like

Thanks! I do love my confusion ( I own the standard edition. learned my stall on it… ) Now I mostly us it for 1a’ish + some 0a like you said.

I might lean toward the 650B. Had I have the money, I’d buy both. But there is a lot of other toy I want to buy ( namely spintops :stuck_out_tongue: ) so… cash is a bit limited :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too close to call!!! They are both outstanding!!!

4 Likes

If anyone else have anything else to say, I’m still not decided :frowning: They both looks very very nice… Which one would fit more the desert island type of yoyo?

1 Like

Aaron’s break down is really great. I prefer the Weekender, though.

I know @AaronW said the 650B is better for 1A with more rim weight, but the Weekender seems to handle string layers better in my experience. I haven’t played with the 650B in a bit though, so I might need to reassess…

Both support really cool yoyo people!

4 Likes

If you want to see some comparisons I have some photos of all three in this thread;

I like all three, put if I picked one it would be The Weekender, it feels more like a premium Butterfly. The Confusion is a Cold Fusion remake and the 650b is just a machine.

4 Likes

Have you gotten to play the new Moonshine yet? I’ve heard several people say that it plays like a heavier Weekender. Looking forward to getting that one down the road as well!

4 Likes

For me, in my desert island throws, or if something came up and I’d have to sell all my yoyos, one of the small selection I’d keep would be an Alleycat.

3 Likes

No I haven’t, but I’m pretty excited about that one too!

2 Likes

Honestly, I have neither yoyo but based on my experience with responsive play (and the fact that I own a slimline already, the comparable Deep State), id get the Weekender. It just seems to be everything ive ever wanted in a metal responsive. It’s on my list of yoyos to buy, but I keep not buying it because of other yoyos I want.

2 Likes

It’s so hard to choose, so let me make it harder:

Either one of these @Glenacius_K is at least as good as any discussed here, and you get a handturned yoyo!

The Cypress Pine is light and zippy, and the Acetal is more relaxed and powerful.

I play these a lot!

4 Likes

They both looks stunning! :slight_smile: I decided in favor for the Weekender for now. I probably will hit @Glenacius_K for an acetal yoyo at some point in the future… I love derin a LOT…

Cheers and thanks y’alls!!!
paxl

6 Likes

Great choice! The weekender is fantastic. If you get an opportunity still pick up a 650b. They are differebt enough to make it worth it as @AaronW pointed out. Also in the future think about the Deep State. It is even more pocketable than the others and the weight is very nice.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll hunt BST’s for these ones, I"m kind of kicking myself of not picking up the AlleyCat @codinghorror posted about a week ago at a nice cheap prices… I also need to put some Top up for grab in the BST here… stuff I do’nt play anymore, I’m sure otherss would be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool photo man :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

you know you have to get an alleycat now or you will never know…

3 Likes

You’ll love it!

It doesn’t seem like it would work with the hubs being flat, but you can actually use them for pull-starts, and pull-start fingerspins. It’s fun to do a pull-start fingerspin, and regen into a trick or combo.

4 Likes