All my yo-yo questions put together!

Hey guys I’ve come across these questions through yo-yoing and was hoping you could help. They are all in random order and im sorry for sounding very newbish:

1. Which of these two is the correct way to lube a yoyo?

• Applying the lube directly on the shield with a needle
    • Deshielding and pinpricking on two balls
  2. My Duncan FHZ cap is loose and spins on its own. How can I fix this?

3. When I turn my Velocity’s dial to make it responsive, it gets pushed back and doesn’t allow me to play responsive very well. Is it broken?

4. Some of my yo-yos axles have dirt on them when I touch them. Should I clean this and if so how?

5. Are you supposed to clean spacers and if so how?

6. How am I supposed to know when to lube my yo-yo? How do I need to lube it?

7. My Lyn Fury’s bearing is rusted from idioticly washing in water. Is it broken and should I replace it?

8. What is the difference between K-Pad, Silicone Pad, and O-Ring? Which of the three is best?

9. How often should I rplace these response systems in number 8? And how will I know when to replace them?

10. Are yo-yo axles supposed to ever be replaced?

11. What is the difference between breaking in a bearing and cleaning it? Why is it bad to clean a bearing instead of breaking it in? I’ve accidently overlubed some of my yo-yos and am wondering what should I do?

12. Do yoyojam bearings come prelubed? Am I supposed to break them in?

13. Is it necessary to clean a bearing?

??? ??? ??? ???

Sorry for all the questions… Thanks again YYE community!

1. Both are correct - it doesn’t matter.
  2. There really isn’t a certain way to fix it that I know of. Sorry.
  3. Probably. Try turning it more - it just might work.
  4. When my axles are dirty, I just take cloth and run the axle on it.
  5. It’s not necessary. And most spacers are brass, so I think water would work.
  6. Yes, if it is rusted through it’s not very usable. You should replace it if you wish.
  7. It’s preference, like everything else. O-Rings are rubber, silicone O-Rings are just O-Rings made out of silicone, and K-Pads are textured silicone pads.
  8. Replace them when they stop giving tight binds.
  9. If they are bent or messed up, yes.
  10. Breaking it in is wearing the lube out naturally, cleaning it is removing it chemically. It isn’t bad to clean a bearing.
  11. They come precleaned now, and may be prelubed. Yes, you can break them in. No matter what you do, you will always break in a bearing.
  12. No, never.

And instead of making us make these long posts for you, use the search button.

1 Like