Many Yoyo Problems

Ok guys… I’m fairly new to yoyoing and have had problems coming up that I dont know how to fix. Hopefully you guys can help and any help given is appreciated.

1. My yoyojam bearing has rusted on the outside with lines of brown running across it. I have rinsed it in water to clean it once and I don’t know if that has affected it. Im wondering is there anyway to fix this?

2. As I’ve touched my yoyo axles, all of them have these gunk on them and I dont know if its normal for them to have it. Is it normal?

3. I have been playing with my Dark Magic and it doesnt sleep over 45 secs. Everytime I throw it, it makes a screeching sound. I’ve lubed it with yyj thin lube but the yoyo seems to be very low in performance.

Any help would really appreciated! ???

**** Slowly im becoming very frustrated and am being discouraged from yoyoing please help

1. Do not use water on your bearings. Clean it and lube it properly.

2. Don’t worry about it.

3. Work on your throw. Also, make sure the string isn’t slipping between the bearing and the yo-yo.

1 Like

mrcnja has pretty much hit it right on there especially with point 3 be carefull with the adjustable gap of the DM if u open it up just that little bet to far the string will fall in and get caught between the bearing and the axle.
With the other problems just take it all apart give it all a good wipe down for the gunk open up the bearing and give it a good cleaning then reassemble and enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks guys…

Also… Should I clean my axle from the gunk? If so, with what do I clean it with?

Yes I would recomend getting “gunk” off from the axle, I personally clean all my bearings and axles with isopropal alcohol, but you can use mineral spirits or lighter fluid which ever you can get easier, all three products are the most commonally used and provide best results.

hahah sry to laugh cuz ur new but dont you know that water creates rust. lol sry next time just lube it

not helpfull at all dude

haha sry to laugh cuz ur a jerk but dont you know that you type like a 4 yr old. lol sry next time just be smart.

true so true, not of any use, thats actually negative help to the question, oh and saying sorry before you say something jerkish doesnt make it all ok

Now saying ‘with all do respect’… That’s an entirely different story :wink:

And now for some actual help besides mrcnja.

Clean and lube like he said. follow his guide.

The gunk is probably thick lube. You can just wipe it off with whatever you want.

The screeching sound is the starburst response. Its gonna do that if the string is rubbing on that side of the yoyo. It’s normal. The 45 second spin time is also normal with you being a newer player. The more you throw the better that time will get. Also cleaning that bearing and thin lubing it will do wonders for your sleep time.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to post. Some people will get made if the question has already been asked but they forget they asked the same questions when they were new.

1 Like

Isn’t the gunk on the axle what makes it an adjustable gap thingy? Cause I kind of accidentally wiped that gunk off my Speedmaker and then it became a fixed gap yo-yo.

Gunk on the axle is just dirt. The only reason it wouldn’t be a adjustable gap anymore, is if the axle threads are stripped or the brass inserts are messed up.

Ah, ok! Thanks!

well i wasnt trying to be a jerk i was just saying it rusts bearings and i told him to lube it. whats the big deal u guys need to calm down

Just the way you said it came off very jerkish