All Chief Colorways by weight

From what I can tell from a google search it was released late May of 2013, so Im not sure what run that is but I dont think its 11th run, I think its 8th-10th, def an earlier run.

Hopefully that helps a bit =).

What does it weigh? So I can put it on the thread XD

We need Chris in here lol

I PMed him, he is pretty busy but told me to check out the instagram and the CLYW blo0g by searching the word Chief, Im looking on their instagram right now. Its a harder job than I thought at first, but with help hopefully we can make a pretty good guide, maybe not complete but close.

Its already better than anything else I have searched for, so keep the stats coming! =)

I have an Inkpot that’s a 65g not sure what run though

^ Got that one! Thanks Mordo.

Going to take a break so I dont wear myself out and get bored too fast! haha.

I might check later on tonight, help would be appriciated! =)

Did some more research and was able to find quite a bit. Im sure some colors are missing but I got alot of runs atleast partially or all the way done.

If you have a Chief that isnt listed, and are able to weigh it, please let me know so I can add it! =)

Where’s the greatest Chief colorway of all time???

FOXY MOSS

its 66.3 gram version =)

Anyone know what weight a yellow w/ clear speckle chief is?

It is?
Are you sure it’s not 66?

Edit: its not from a UK site, its actually from the site I have linked before…

All of you have seen the 3 standard basic colors of the chief which are the first run silver, blue and gold. The first run of the CLYW Chiefs are weighted at 65.2 grams. And now CLYW have released a teaser of what would be the 2nd run of CLYW Chiefs in a more fancy colorway of speckled, splash to acid wash. These are weighted at 66.3 grams. Not much of a difference in weight, but alot more choices in feel of play. Some of these will be sold at specific yoyo stores while some will only be sold at CLYW store. So start looking for your favourite colorway

http://www.28spin.com/news/?tag=foxy-moss

Yeah, this is where I got it from =). Its a 2nd run by the way, Ill update that!

some help would be awesome! I think we are around 80% done with the thread! Then Chief collectors and also people that are new into yoyoing will have a reference guide also…

Werent there more than 1 colorway of the “Heavy Whale” 67.4 gram style?

Someone get Stickman in here with all of his million chiefs. he could probably answer a few of the questions you’ve got floating around.

I think Pekka’s silver w/ red splash is a lighter one

I heard it was a 66 gram one, I remember seeing it somewhere but I will edit it if I find something that says its a 65.2, thank you for the help!

@ Navythrow:
Stickman is the guy with like 40 Chiefs and posts his pictures in box format, right? I will PM him, maybe he will be able to help, if he cant weigh them all atleast he can help me with what runs are what.

Hopefully we can finish this and then adding the new runs of Chiefs (Im sure there will be, yes even w the 2014 line up), will be easy!

lets finish this! =)

Can anyone help finish this? =)

[quote=“Carsonel88,post:35,topic:66359”]
I heard it was a 66 gram one, I remember seeing it somewhere but I will edit it if I find something that says its a 65.2, thank you for the help!

^^^^^

Its the lightest one I own. I need some postal scales.

This makes me wonder… Does the weight of a yoyo become altered if it suffers bad damage?

It definitely can. Depends on the damage. Usually a flat spot or scuff doesn’t actually remove any material. But any serious scuffs or chips could definitely alter the weight. I think it’s uncommon, though, at least for aluminum yoyos.