Adventures in Cooking

Sounds good! I used to make a great fried rice is the sad part and always cooked more than I needed just for fried rice the next day or so. To loose your prior knowledge/understanding can miff ya. Then again, the recipe for concrete was lost for 2 thousand years so maybe I should be kinder to myself lol.

I love rice and rice based dishes. Like Mitch Hedberg said:

6 Likes

No pictures unfortunately, but I recently got a Pit Barrel Cooker for my 50th. Have done ribs, mac and cheese, hamburgers, and chicken drumsticks. All came out great. Will have to try a pork butt soon.

4 Likes

Those are really nice smokers. Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

Happy 50th. As they say, 40 is the old age of youth, 50 is the youth of old age!

We love Walkerswood Jerk chicken smoked or grilled in a cooker like yours. If you like spice, the hot and spicy is great, I highly recommend trying some. We let ours marinate for 24 to 48 hours depending on how much flavor you want. In 48 it goes to the bone.

4 Likes

Redemption! I toasted the rice in the wok with a touch of oil and crisp some up before adding anything else like you did. Worked a treat. I used the bowl mound too. :slight_smile:

I sauteed or grill pan charred/marked everything 1st and warmed back up in the rice after toasting it. Teriyaki marinated chicken pieces, grilled and charred pineapple slices and leeks, then diced. Sauteed onion and orange bell pepper, lightly grilled/charred serrano peppers and baby bok choy. An egg. I added some of the teriyaki marinade and some soy at the end. Came out correctly and taste good.

It looks tiny lol but this was at least 6 cups of food.

8 Likes

Looks great!

4 Likes

Much better than the mush I made before! I would include my cashew failure, but it didn’t make the dish. I thought I’d be fancy and make some wasabi cashew’s to go in it. I toasted some cashew (raw, unsalted) and then tossed with some butter. Then dosed them with liberal amounts of powdered wasabi. Didn’t even flavor it. Made a paste, that’d melt nose hairs, tossed and just got a bunch of goo and cashews that didn’t have any goo adhere. Maybe next time!

5 Likes

Your cooking skills are terrific, makes my mouth water.

3 Likes

Making short ribs.

9 Likes

Yeah, you are a professional, therefore, each post of yours, makes me want to know the place where you work.

2 Likes

Holbrooke Hotel in Grass Valley CA. We’ve been in business for over 150 years. State historical site also. It’s pretty sweet.

5 Likes

If I have the opportunity I’ll visit!!
The only certainty is: “Death will be waitting”

4 Likes

I’ll make sure.

4 Likes

Leftovers. We like making some of the rice crispy on the bottom when re-heated.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Pizza again. Simple but delicous.
Paired with Juicy Haze.

Ball of crust.
Top with shredded mozz. Then dollop with tbs of ricotta across mozz every 3 inches or so. Top with 1 Georgia peach, sliced thin. 2 jalapenos sliced thin.

Bake at 400°f for 12min. Rotate and go 6-10 more minutes. Depending on stone/pan/ etc. Get your crust done.

Top with several slices of torn Prosciutto. Top with several fresh basil leaves. Put back in over for 1 minute if you want or let heat rise through prosciutto. Eat!

5 Likes

Made some Kraft Mac n Cheese Ice Cream. Sweet, salty, and strong mac n cheese flavor in ice cream. You keep taking bites but you just aren’t sure why.

8 Likes

Made topokki :yum:Korean rice cakes

7 Likes

Getting brisket ready for smoking.

6 Likes

The pasta sauce is simple and good.

Edit: Experiment time once I get some real cotton candy to add to the tooth pic after dipping and drying single grapes.

4 Likes

I like to cook. Started in grade school. Still have a scar from molten molasses candy that was dripped onto my hand as I was holding the pot for a neighborhood girl to scoop it out onto a cooling tray for pull taffy.

Last night I tried sweet potato gnocchi.

6 Likes

Same hand burn with a blob of plastic burning the ‘new’ 2 liter bottles and spinning it around while melting flaming plastic flew threw the air! Where’s @Mystik ? :slight_smile:

These came out tasty and crunchy and fun! Pic overload -

5 Likes