A sealed Turbo Bumblebee arrived! Now, what?

The Turbo Bumblebee I ordered arrived today! It is in its original condition as the seals on the case have never been broken and it has never been touched. Begs the question: Should I break the seals and open it and enjoy? Or, should I leave it sealed as a collector’s item? I have wanted one for over 20-years but wouldn’t want to ruin the collectible value. What are your thoughts?

8 Likes

CRACK IT OPEN. No seriously. Your yoyo, you decide! But they were so fun to play! Nice pick up!

4 Likes

I bought a Big Mac today. I’ve been looking forward to getting one for weeks. I think I’ll just leave it in the bag.

14 Likes

:rofl: Touche’. Not that I would compare this to a BigMac but I get your flow.

5 Likes

yo-yo’s are meant to be played with… collecting is cool too, but playing is always #1 in my mind. just my 2 cents :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t open it. You bought it sealed for a reason. If you wanted a yoyo to play with, there are plenty yoyos that would be better for learning tricks today. If you wanted to know how it plays like, I assume you wouldn’t have bought it sealed. Or just get one that’s already open or without a box. I think the fact that it’s sealed is what makes it special.

8 Likes

You would have more willpower than I. My brain would be telling me to leave it sealed, in case I would have to sell it later down the road.

But my fingers would be like “go ahead play with it”, “break that seal and travel back to the 90’s”

5 Likes

If it were just a bumble bee I’d say keep it in a jar. However, IT"S TURBO! The word “turbo” says it all. Nothing to decide my friend! :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee: Free the bee, turbo bee that is.

6 Likes

I would wait for the next Viking King to die.

Then I would contact the Tribe and tell them that their King will need skill toys in the afterlife to entertain the hordes at Valhallas’ annual Picnic Barbecue.

If they are cool with it, you can put the sealed Turbo Bee on the Funeral ship before they push it out into the ocean and set it on fire.

You will suddenly have new friends. And then the next time somebody wants to get in your face, you simply blow into the elk horn and your new homies will be in the mix…

Trust me…

9 Likes

Open it and play with it. People who grew up wanting these as kids are getting scarce. Sounds like you would enjoy it as much as anybody.

5 Likes

I solved the problem! Just purchased a Duncan Bumblebee on eBay for a steal of a price!! I will open that one :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Perfect solution :grinning:

3 Likes

I opened one a few weeks ago. Good times.

2 Likes

gaaaaggggggghhHhhhhjh what happened to the Big Mac!!!

7 Likes

Actually… It’s still good!:exploding_head:

5 Likes

i was on the edge of my seat @Glenacius_K !!! thank you :heart:

7 Likes

Great solution! Have fun, especially playing it side by side with a newer yoyo.

3 Likes

I will never understand this…:joy:

5 Likes

It just comes down to what it means to you and how you look at it, we’re all different. If it’s something you always wanted as a kid, but couldn’t have - It could mean more to display it on a shelf as a collector’s piece. It represents something you couldn’t attain when you were younger and now it’s a sort of trophy, it means something. I can see how keeping it in the packaging makes it more special in that sense.

But, on the other hand… Playing with toys is what toys are for!

12 Likes

Yea just cause it’s meant to do one thing doesnt mean it can’t be appreciated another way. Personally I dont collect yoyos for the sake of collecting, but I got an old samurai sword that I dont swing around and play with. I have kept it in great condition. It’s more decorative and a memory of some classes I took years ago.

I’m sure there is a sword aficionado somewhere who would be very upset that I’m not dancing around with it lol.

8 Likes