A-RT Tryyyptyyychhh

If this was true maybe it wouldn’t have sold out in 10 seconds :stuck_out_tongue:

I lowkey want to see them sell a 6061 for $200-$250 just to see what happens.

4 Likes

I mean there were like 20 available, and then like 80 more B grades will be up. I wouldn’t say that’s a lot. A run of 500 probably wouldn’t disappear like that.

1 Like

So let me restate that: standard model running shoes, not specific models that are highly sought after, which exist with any product. I’m sure there are people who resell specific models of paper plates.

1 Like

I bet they could make a new model with a super limited quantity - 5 or 10 A-grades - and sell each for $300

1 Like

The raw/teal looked pretty sweet imo. These others? I’m not too crazy about…

Neat concept though

1 Like

I really like the fact that nobody is holding a gun on you and telling you what to buy.

I like that you can buy within your means and get very good yoyos at various price points.

I like that if you can afford higher dollar yo-yos; that you can buy whatever you want; regardless who else might think it isn’t a good deal. You can buy it because ‘you’ like it.

I like that there are soo many choices of yo-yos at all price points; that people have suitable options to fit their needs/wants…

I like that this Forum allows All of us to take turns ‘Whining’ about the silliest things. Like talkin trash about any yoyo you feel wasn’t priced to make you happy.

I like that I am getting a purple Tryyyptyyychhh and could care less about the price or whether it’s my favorite color or what other yo-yos might be a better option because they ‘cost less’…

I mainly like that Jensen and I have been friends for many years. And that if I am givin the opportunity to contribute to any cause that will keep Jensen in the game; that is fine by me.

Period

18 Likes

i’ll be competing with you for a purple triptych, may we both get one

2 Likes

And I’ve already said that I understand why it’s at that price point. I just don’t personally value it at that price and I’m not the only one. Clearly many people do think it’s worth that much. We’re just on a yo-yo discussion forum and I’m discussing my thoughts on a yo-yo.

3 Likes

I’d like to try and get one of these but I’m not going to get bent out of shape if I can’t.

Love the Grail and Life. I wonder how the three compare.

3 Likes

Back then wasnt it normal for throws to cost that much? I remember chiefs going for like 140.

3 Likes

CLYWs were still some of the most expensive 6061s. The Cliff was $165. You know what 7075 Japan made YYRs were going for? $170.

When I was getting into the game just before the Chinese manufacturing took over “budget” metals were like $60(C3 Dibase), $90 was like average and >$120 (so all CLYWs) was expensive, all 6061 of course.

7 Likes

Exclusivity/collectability/boutique batches aside, I agree that $150 for a monometal 6061 is definitely a bit high. The B-grade for ano flaws pricing seems a lot more palatable to me, but you are still paying $100 for a flawed monometal. I buy expensive yoyos, but this is a hard sell for me as well.

3 Likes

Youre basically paying just for jensen/chuck’s name. Which is fine if thats what you wanna do. But idk man I can get a 1to1 for almost a third of the cost of this and let it have the same machining quality. Thats why I only buy stuff from them on black friday/boxing day.

3 Likes

No? I really dig it. Cool idea and imo it looks sharp. We don’t need to fist fight or anything over it. We are allowed to have our opinions and that’s pretty cool.

We can fight for fun, though! Meet behind Big Lots by the dumpster in 40 minutes??

5 Likes

Ironically, this probably helps with the buzz for these boutique companies, and might actually help them sell yoyos.

I like that buying this yoyo helps support OD and A-RT!

4 Likes

got one!

3 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses:image

So excited!

6 Likes

Under 4 minutes even with the 1 minute delay.

2 Likes

congrats on the haul! i got myself a villain!

2 Likes

Snagged a black and red, pretty stoked

5 Likes