Anyone try a Robusta?

As I’m sure many of you are aware I gravitate towards bimetals with offset ss rings that are away from the rims. This design has the ring incorporated into the body of the yo-yo as opposed to being set in. Has anyone tried one?

3 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett do you know if you guys are getting any of these?

1 Like

Does this have inner and outer SS rings?!?

It looks like the rings are:

meaning that the ring(s) you see are really only one ring. It’s almost like it has a SS rim, with an aluminum rim on top of that.

3 Likes

I’m confused. I see two gold rings, one in the cup and one in the profile. Are these not the SS ‘weight’ rings?

It’s one ring. It’s incorporated into the body.

9 Likes

that’s what happens when you cut a yoyo cross-wise with a lightsaber

3 Likes

I get now and my mind is blown!:exploding_head:

1 Like

Yeah I want one of these desperately but I’m waiting until the new Good Lifes drop. I’ve spent a lot on yo-yos lately.

3 Likes

That thing is wild. Its a topyo x yoyobarista collab so hopefully it will be on YYE. Another one from topyo that looks interesting is the EX. Only the hub is aluminum, the rest is stainless. 64.8gm, I bet it will play a lot like a bimetal with inset rings. I’ll be watching for these to drop.

topyo%20ex

4 Likes

Those are already on aliexpress for about 110$

1 Like

I really wish TopYo would up their engraving game or just go unengraved. Other than that, I’m really interested.

Edit: interested in both the Ex and the Robusta

2 Likes

I really really wanna try the Robusta too. Wife would murder me if I bought one anytime soon though.

Yeah Im done buying yo-yos I’m not 100% sure I’ll like. I’m not thrilled about the prospect of paying 100$ to find out I’m not into it.

1 Like