A-RT Tryyyptyyychhh

Since the only a-grades are silver, my guess is that the two-tone process turned out to be much more difficult than anticipated. That’s good news, because it means the b-grade stuff is all cosmetics versus vibe and such?

7 Likes

Yes, Jensen has a view videos talking about them on the A.RT youtube channel. I was watching them passively, but from what I caught, it sounds like they nearly all b-grade for cosmetic defects. I’d check out those videos again to be sure! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

This is the first A-RT I have had any interest in. Pretty lame having a mid day drop though, honestly. I would have to miss work for a chance at one.

2 Likes

Have a plan for getting them all? At those quantities it shouldn’t be too rough.

1 Like

I already have a Canvas and I just bought a Diptych. The Triptych will complete the Canvas set. I just hope to get one Triptych.

3 Likes

Dont forget the junior. Such a fun throw.

1 Like

Ooooh I thought you were trying to get one of each triptych color. My mistake.

4 Likes

So excited for tomorrow!

9 Likes

what color is everyone going for? I think I’m gonna try and snag a purple/pink :smiley:

1 Like

I do not like this two-tone edge pinstripe thing at all. I much prefer what the Edgeless is doing.

6 Likes

Colors don’t really do it for me either @codinghorror :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I really like the green with orange stripe. I love the wetlands here in oregon and it reminds me of a wood duck.

2 Likes

$150 and $100 for b grades? Damn. I love Jensen but man i guess A-RT is not for me.

6 Likes

For a monometal too. I understand why he’s able to justify pricing them like that as I mentioned above but that does mean I personally feel they are worth that much. But people will buy them and say they are the best because you have to when you’ve spent that much on a monometal organic.

Edgeless is 60$.

6 Likes

I guess that’s the difference you pay for clout toys vs a major toy powerhouse

5 Likes

The yoyo economy is wild rn; you can buy a titanium yoyo for less than the price of the latest a-rt release (a 6061 monometal)

2 Likes

When I asked what made the, Not Perfect
Ones, they hit me up via DM and showed me the small water spot in one of the cups.
It is super minimal.

4 Likes

Well, the fact they’re Designed by Jensen and then machined by OD in the US, and then shipped back to Jensen for assembly, testing, and sometimes painting, I feel their MSRP is fair for a small boutique Company of only a couple guys.

Back when I released the Vitality, they went between 120 and 150 depending on the ano, mind you, literally every single Vitality was anodized a different color, I still sold out in under a week.
This was in 2013.

11 Likes

I’m not saying it’s not fair, and they can charge whatever they like, I’m just saying it’s hard to justify for a lot of people given how many other yo-yos that are as good or better at much lower prices.

I get the appeal of limited release items but I feel like yo-yos are more akin to running shoes than Yeezys.

1 Like

Running shoes resell for a hefty amount these days too - mostly Nike and designer collaborated Salomon’s

Capitalism is alive and well

3 Likes