A question about Markmont Classic

I did polish the hub of my half MC. Guess what, it got darker ??? I want to know that those line which I mentioned in the beginning of this thread can be wiped out. Here is some pics:
This half was polished.

This half is normal since I received.

Here is the comparison:

Polished half on the left, normal half on the right.

Polished half on the right, normal half on the left.

As you can see the polished half is darker even though I cleaned it with clean cloth (I used Mother, and I did polish many time with my Nickel, and RAW throws, so I don’t think I did something wrong to my NMC). While those brown lines on the polished half (pic #3) still there, but it’s just lighter.

Any ideas you guys? ???

Just let it tarnish naturally. When people buy nickel throws it’s usually because they want to see it tarnish over time as they play with it

Agreed, I don’t know why you’d buy nickel over clear if you didn’t want it to tarnish

Nickel adds a bit of weight that brings the yoyo into the perfect zone for some people.

For me, the “Nickel or not” question is always about weight. I mean, I like the look of Nickel, too, but I won’t buy it if it makes the yoyo too heavy.

Half of my MMC is tarnishing well. The other half is barely tarnishing. I’m starting to think I got half clear half nickel on my MMC.

How much are we talking here? I haven’t weighed my black or nickel MMCs but it can’t be more than a few 10ths of a gram, right?

It’s about a full gram on a full-sized yoyo.

@DKiminator: not a chance. Nickel looks distinctly different from clear. You would have pulled it out of the box and went, “Oh wow, can’t believe they mixed halves on me!” immediately.

For reals?! That ain’t good. Shoot us a picture.

The beauty of nickel is that it tarnishes differently for everyone. Most of my nickel throws have weird looking tarnishes, but I love it! I for on am not a big fan of polishing it. Losing all those throw down session memories when you start taking a clothe to it. Let that baby do it’s thing.

My silver plated Summit is tarnishing to yellow. Any way to make it silver again? If not then it’s okay, just miss it being silver.

Silver will tarnish to yellow, you need to use silver polish just like you would on fine silverware - you can get silver polish at your local grocery store, or Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Weiman-48-Silver-Wipes/dp/B008RH68CC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424460253&sr=8-1&keywords=silver+polish

I just want to make sure those brown lines is tarnished lines, that’s why I polished it. But why the polished half get darker? It should be brighter, right?

Is it possible that you maybe spread the tarnish from the lines?

How, I polished, if those brown lines are naturally tarnished lines, those should be removed, not spread out.

I have no background to be believed or any experience in this. I’m just giving a common-person hypothesis just to work off of. In others words, I have no idea how those could possibly be spread out.

Nickel and any kind of precious metal will slowly decay and tarnish over natural time when involved in Yo-Yo play but this looks like you boiled it then soaked it in something like Adams Flee Killer for Dogs and Bleach for 6 weeks…This a Markmont “Classic” in every sense of the word.

Definitely wasn’t that intense of a process, but I get your point, haha. All I did was remove the response pads and soak the halves in Sprite for about 2.5 days.

I do sort of wish it had stayed looking like that though… I still thoroughly enjoy how it looks now, but I can’t help but miss those crazy blue tones and dark color overall.