summt nickel plated

I going to get the summit nickel plated version but i was wondering if the nickel plated one is the same thing as getting it polished

Nickel plating is a layer of nickel over the aluminum yoyo, while a polished yoyo is simply raw aluminum. The nickel version will be heavier, and will tarnish to a beautiful dark patina instead of pale and gross like aluminum does.

1 Like

Also if you don’t like the tarnished look you can always polish it.

Nickel plating is one of the coolest things ever. Like Patrick said, it isn’t gross and yucky like aluminum, plus you don’t get those annoying raw marks on nickel. OD (I’m pretty sure they do the plating for this puppy) is really well known for their high quality nickel plating. Seriously, it’s like someone made something as sexy as mayonnaise for yoyos. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I MEANT SEXY, NOT THE OTHER THING. DARNED AUTOCUCUMBER. AND YES, MAYONNAISE IS EXTREMELY SEXY.

After this “mayonnaise mishap” let’s call it, I will double check my posts. I swear my S3 is out to get me. Sorry to everyone who I may or may not have offended and promise, I don’t have a mayonnaise fetish. :slight_smile:

I personally prefer anodized finishes, since I can polish my yoyos any time I wish. And if the polish is well done, it can last a very long time, and to restore the polish, all you need is a rag and aluminum polish.

doesn’t the nickel add weight to the yoyo?

Just a bit, yes. I don’t tend to notice it too much, but you might.

I have one… And its still sexyyy. Tarnishes nice. Polishes beautifully.