a matter of technique

I’ve been concentrating on two moves: a strong, straight sleeper and the trapeze. I want to master these until I can do them automatically. However, I’ve developed a problem in my technique that I can’t seem to puzzle out. When I throw a breakaway or trapeze the yoyo spins straight and true with the string right smack in the middle of the gap. When I throw a sleeper (a week ago I was throwing these just fine) the yoyo tilts to left. When I say it tilts to the left, I’m not talking just a smidge. That puppy tilts bad and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Then throw it more to the right :wink:

Well it could be that you are trying too hard,throw it without focusing on the straight throw.

I think I’ve got it worked out. My first pack of polyester strings arrived today. I immediately put one on, shortened it up a bit, and started releasing earlier in the throw. (I thought about this all day at work.) Seems to have fixed the problem. I was trying too hard to throw hard and probably moving my arm on the way down. the string shortening may or may not be related but I’ve been needing to do that anyway–I’m just lazy.