A Few Questions...

Hey guys, so I find myself yo-yoing a ton during the winter and not a whole lot during the summer whenever I tend to be outside as much as possible. I love doing it, and I love other people’s reactions to it, but I am having trouble getting back into this year, so I have a few questions to see if you can help me rediscover the interest.

1. I know a lot of tricks, and I want more to learn. Any suggestions on how to make up your own or a good source for new ones?
  2. What’s been going on in the community? Fill me in since last winter, any new rages or trends?
  3. How can I stay more into the sport whenever I get busy during the summer. I am involved in a lot of activities, but I want yo-yoing to be more constant instead of a winter thing.
  4. Any others live near St. Louis? I have been yo-yoing for two years now almost and never met anyone else, also if anyone knows of a club on the nearby I would appreciate it?
    Thanks you guys are always so helpful.
    :smiley:
  1. Keep watching freestyles, and learn a few of the harder tricks online (cabin tutorials, and Aaron Davis have some great tuts). Take different elements from these tricks and make them your own. If a trick has a mount that you’re not familiar with- learn it. Keep practicing and you will see improvement.

2. Watch the world yoyo contest freestyles and look at how the styles have changed. As far as other trends- the yoyos they are making are becoming throws that are competition grade, which means they are ready to go right out the box (though a bit pricey). This is just what i’ve noticed :smiley:

3. The summer is your time to grow, because for me- yoyoing outside is one of the most gratifying things you can do. There is nothing to hit, you can practice your horizontal, and enjoy nature. I love yoyoing right before the sun goes down- put some headphones in and play some good music. It’s a great stress reliever and you will see improvement. Summer is awesome

4. Post in the forums, you’ll probably find some people. There is also a “yoyoplayer map” on this site. It’s useful for finding members in your area.