a couple of random questions

a couple of questions

1. got a fhz can caps come off if so how???

2. it had a silicone sticker in it and with 24 hours of play the silicone is gone and there is only a rough pad left.

3. does silicone recessing mean just taking flowable silicone and puting it in the response???

thanks,

czyoyo :wink:

1. yes they can come out, pop them out with the axle

2. ok it had a rough life

3. no sili recessing is putting it on a lathe,drill,dremal,etc, and takeing a small screw driver and make a recess like whats in a yoyojam,yoyofactory,etc

1 Like

what he means is to unscrew the yoyo, then push the axle on a surface and it will pop the cap out, then screw the axle into the other half and do the same.

friction stickers wear out very fast.

1 Like
  1. yah, hold the edge of the yoyo and push the axle in towards the yoyo body HARD, it sould pop right out!

2. Yah, I had the same exact problem with my zero, they’re a cheap way of putting response on a yoyo. I’d recommend silicone recessing the yoyo which is related to answer 3…

3. No, silicone recessing is where you screw the axle of a yoyo tight into a drill and spin it full power, as its spinning, take a jewelers screwdriver and put the sharp part where you want to recess it. Recessing means to put a circular puncture or depression or hole around the center of the yoyo, where later you would put silicone into it!

1 Like
  1. Slamming the caps out is best. Take the yo-yo apart. While holding the outer rim of the yo-yo slam the axle into a semi hard surface, a hard rug works well. Take the axle out, screw it into the other side and repeat.

2. Those weren’t silicone stickers, those were friction stickers. Silicone stickers last a lot longer and are way better. Dif pads are also great for the FHZ.

3. Silicone recessing involves cutting a recess into the yo-yo that holds the silicone. It is similar to pad recessing but with a deeper and not as wide recess.

1 Like

can I put the caps back?

Yes, and easily I might add.

1 Like

This is what silicone recessing is

I am the master of youtube!