A Battle for us "Newer" guys and gals

I’m in Orlando and live probably 5 miles from WDW. Him and Drew Tetz I believe is his name are doing shows Thursday through Sunday at the Downtown Disney Stage and it is free to go to. The only free thing at Disney, and on Monday - Wednesday they hang out from 3:30 to 9:30 throwing in one of the Disney stores to promote yoyo’ing and their yoyo’s that they sell there. This is the second time I’ve gone down there for some tips and to hang out. Really cool guys and I’m very fortunate that they are so close and the reason they are there is for the reason to promote yoyo’ing. Free lessons!!! Gotta love it! I’ll try to post a picture soon.

Way cool! My kids and myself enjoy the Disney parks.

I won’t be going back to WDW for a couple of years. Gotta wait for the smallest kid to get bigger! Hopefully they’ll still be doing those demos in 2 years, but 2 years is a long time for some act like that to be kept around.

I went to WDW in 2007. Fun trip. Can’t wait to go back and see if my PAL Mickey is still supported!(they discontinued it). We did hit the Downtown Disney District. Now that they demolished Pleasure Island, it must have a whole different vibe.

Then again, saw a lady fall-down drunk in the area too. Wasn’t expecting that at WDW!

Debating loading 4 trees of lights into the truck for my weekend event…

Sent a pm. I would also like to join the battle.

Ok sign up for the first “Newer” battle/contest is complete. If there was a mistake and your name is not on there let me know, if you changed your mine and don’t want to be in it, let me know. You all have until 7pm Eastern time on Monday to get in the videos. All videos must be submitted via private message in youtube link. Along with Age and how long you have been throwing. The judging starts tuesday.

Now that i think about it, i do a lot of the expert tricks… Should i just do tricks considered “advanced” or what because i don’t think it’d be fair for me to do harder tricks. If this is a problem i’m totally fine with sitting out on this one and just spectating, if not let me know and i’ll figure out something.

You can still be in it, but yeah, nothing over advanced in the tricks and you’ll need to state your skill level. It will be judged based on how long you have been yoyo’ing and your skill level. Trying to make it more fair for everyone even those with lesser talent to have a chance at competing and doing well.

I really want to join but, my right arm (throw hand) really hurts (not from yoyoing).

Just over 24 hours until all youtube link videos need to be sent to me via message. All videos must be received by 7pm Eastern on Monday Sept 5th.

Sorry guys i’m out, my parents don’t like the idea of posting a video so good luck to all who are participating!

I’m out. Been sick most of the weekend, and then my Raptor’s response just blew out. Been using flowable sili, and it’ll be a while before it sets back in. No time to make a vid, now.

got my video sent in just in time :smiley:
I wonder what everyone else did?

I sent my video the 31st

I finally got mine finished last night. Then I watched some of the other videos and was like dang…I got to redo mine! haha just playing, but everyone that has submitted a video so far really did a great job. Can’t wait to see what the community thinks.

Those who dropped out of this week, please vote though tomorrow on your favorite then jump in on our next contest.

When will the videos be up?

Aw… I want to see them today!!
PLEASE!!!

Got mine in yesterday… man I throw so much better off camera…
@tmcertified: how many are still in now? You said a few dropped out.

I think only two people dropped out.

Three people did :frowning: Sooo sorry guys but work has me going 6 nightshifts straight… Haven’t had time to practice or tape, but i WILL vote tomorrow and try my darndest to get into the next one!

Ah man that sucks :(, hope you do get a chance to compete in the next one

Looking forward to see what others have done.
:slight_smile: