5AMay 2024 - Week 1

5A May: Let the Counterweight Carnival Begin!

Hey Fingerloop Foregoers and Counterweight Connoisseurs! Are you ready to kick off May with a bang and dive into the whirlwind of 5A fun!? With the beautiful sounds of counterweights against yo-yos, knuckles, and living room furniture, we’re going with a music theme for this event! Get ready to unleash your inner rockstar; master mind-bending tricks, and join the party, fueled by the YoYo Boomer Club!

Prepare to Ride the Lightning and take on the challenge of our weekly counterweight-based trick ladder! Each week, we’ll unveil a new set of mind-blowing tricks for you to master. Can you conquer the ladder and claim your place as a 5A Master of Puppets?

Don’t miss our special Trick-a-Week spectaculars, where we’ll showcase some of the most jaw-dropping tricks in the 5A playbook. These are sure to leave you in awe and inspire you to push the boundaries of your yo-yo skills, because you know that Nothing Else Matters!

Join us for our freeform submissions, where you can let your creativity run wild and showcase your unique style with your favorite counterweight (no finger loops allowed though, it’s Sad but True). It’s a circus of yo-yo talent that you won’t want to miss!

Participate in these challenges and activities for a chance to win fantastic yo-yo prizes! Counterweights, sweet sweet throws, and other fantastic swag all sure to tickle your tastebuds! There’s excitement waiting for you at every turn with 5A May and the YYBC.

So leave your Whiskey in the Jar, grab your yo-yo and your favorite counterweight or CW improv as we Turn the Page, and get ready to join the festivities!

With FAF, MRM, & 2April behind us, The Memory Remains……and so does the Merch!

-NoCounterweightIsUnforgiven

Beginner Trick Ladder

This Beginner Trick Ladder contains the following tricks, presented by Miguel Correa

Posting video(s) of the Beginner Trick Ladder will earn you entries into the event Prize drawing.

• Post a video of one trick for one entry
  • Post a video of all tricks for an additional entry

Trick a Week

This week’s trick-a-week is a series of basic mounts, presented by Josh Yee

Posting a video of the trick-a-week will earn you entries into the event Prize drawing.

• Post a video of completing the trick-a-week for 1 entry into the drawing.

FreeForm/Production

Post a FreeForm/Production will earn you entries into the event Prize drawing. Must contain 5A Content.

Rules

All video submissions must contain the Event page at the start of the video and are due by Tuesday, May 7th at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.

Each week you can earn additional entries for prize drawings by completing that weeks challenges. Maximum Entries; Beginner =8, TAW = 4, Freeform/Production =4. All Prize drawings will be conducted at the end of the Event.

Prizes

Beginner Trick Ladder - 2 Prize Packs each containing a Yoyo and Counterweight.

Trick-a-Week - 2 Prize Packs each containing a Yoyo and Counterweight.

Freeform/Production - G2 Yoyo and Counterweight.

Note: Prize packs are subject to change throughout the event if additional sponsors or donors contribute.

Event Sponsors

gslogo-e1465256605559

• G Squared

cropped-doc-pop-yo-yo-logo-transparent

• DocPop

• Rain City Skills

mikemonty-logo-470x410-1-removebg-preview

• Michael Montgomery

dressel-removebg-preview (1)

• Dressel Designs

Event Donors

FAQ

Not sure how to post a video on the YYE forums?

Check out this thread

Not sure how to add the Sponsor page to your video?

Check out this thread

Any other questions?

Ask below or find us on Discord

Also check out our linktree for additional resources.

18 Likes

Wooohoooo!
I’m excited for this!!!

5 Likes

4 Likes

:heart:

11 Likes

A Metallica themed 5A event? Yes please!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me what does “Freeform production” mean?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Basically creative/whatever you want as long as it’s 5A related.

3 Likes

Does this count as a freeform entry? :smiley:

15 Likes

Up to a 2-minute Video - 5A Yoyo Related. Could Be;
Free Style,
Trick Circle,
Competition Routine,
Fun Production,
Tutorial,

Your imagination is your only limitation.

3 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

Alright dudes!

Hooray for 5A may! I’m stoked!

Here’s my entries for week numero uno!

Trick ladder!

Using
one drop thru line
Chainmail CW

Windmill
Stall

Trick a week!

Using
rain city hipster highlife
@DedHed visitor

Josh is the man, and I’ve learned so much of my 5A from him :slight_smile:

Freestyle!

Using
rain city seti
@DedHed visitor

I decided to just do a random unscripted freestyle in one take. And I look dumb while doing it haha! But that’s OK I love it.

18 Likes

Super excited to be a part of this, please see below for my submission for Week 1!
All Beginner Tricks, Advanced Trick(s), and Freeform (Tight Squeeze)
Bonuses at the end!
This is my first foray into 5A, so it’s not smooth by any means, but I look forward to learning a lot and expanding on this style! :slight_smile:

-YYBC is Gonna be May!

12 Likes

Lol! That last part is what my 5A usually looks like!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I had plenty of clips to choose from for certain, lol!

2 Likes

This is also why no one hands me there precious yoyos. Because I will hit the ground lol

2 Likes

Ok downloaded the logo and got the app installing will do some vids

3 Likes

Now I am REALLY ready for 5A May!

12 Likes

Here’s my entry into freeform for the week

Are we allowed to post entries for trick ladder and trick a week if we already know them, or are those prizes meant to be given more to newer 5A players only?

13 Likes

You can absolutely post anything that fits the week’s criteria for a prize entry or entries. This is for beginners and experts alike. :grin:

2 Likes

While we have a beginner ladder and TAW style they aren’t meant to exclude anyone. Please enter for any and all that you want to.

The goal is participation and challenging people both new to 5A and more advanced and giving room for creativity.

3 Likes