9 Years Smoke Free! N.O.P.E.!

I agree with you 100% on this. I am excited for January 1st. I am an Illinois resident.

3 Likes

Good for you man!
I quite about 5 years ago when I found out my wife was pregnant. She had to quit and I wasnt going to make her do it alone.
I cheated though and vaped for a while as I weened myself off the nicotine. Never took another drag again.

4 Likes

Ehhhh, I’m going to disagree. There are some things you absolutely CAN legitimately knock without trying. Smoking is on that list.

8 Likes

But do you shoot film? Or are you a digital chimp? @photogeek

2 Likes

First I did one, then the other.

I have a few film cameras kicking around. But not really my jam these days.

3 Likes

I love film but just as a hobby. I haven’t done it since having a kid. I used to develop myself and have a decent scanner.

3 Likes

Ever think about jumping back into it? I love getting back into old hobbies once in awhile.

2 Likes

Also, how old is the little mini person? Maybe you could get them into it a bit with you? :smiley:

1 Like

He is 2 so too young for that but he does love yoyos. Heck his name is Ness he should love yoyos.

4 Likes

Have you ever had the dream where you think your still a smoker ? It is really freaky to wake up feeling that you’ve started again, only to realize you haven’t.

I remember the day very clearly when i gave up. Being rushed to hospital having a heart attack. Can’t believe how easy it is to give up when you have a little incentive :smiley: That said i had tried on previous occasions, and can fully grasp the meaning of addiction, but the realiztion when i was in the ambulance that this was it, and there was no more…good bye so long…adieu…no more sky… no kids…no wife…just void. Well faced with that then its easy.

Congrats on your 9 yrs, hope you get many more :smiley:

6 Likes

Congrats man!

I had been a heavy herb smoker for 3 years, never skipping a single day. Spending tons of $$$ and getting not much done.

Been off it now for about a month and I’m feeling much better.

4 Likes

Congratulations to all that quit smoking.

Myself I am now 3 months smoke free. When we moved from North Carolina to Colorado I decided to quit and start new. I don’t see myself starting again since there is so much we want to do in Colorado and can’t imagine doing them fighting smokers lung.

I know I as a stress smoker. I only smoked at work. Never smoked at home or when ever we went on vacation. I also joke that I was a hypocritical smoker cause even when I smoked I could not stand second hand smoke.

4 Likes

I last smoked in August last year so it has been almost a year without a cigarette. Not saying I will never smoke again, I’ll definitely smoke the 'erb again I am sure!

2 Likes

I sure do wish i had invented nicotine. The money to be made out of its pure addictiveness is just fantastic, and its legal even though it proberbly kills more people than guns / wars / knives.

3 Likes

Congrats!!! I gave up vaping/nicotine back in spring 2014. I was up to the nicotine equivalent of 2 packs/day.

4 Likes

lol all I have is a $60 amazon camcorder

2 Likes

Keep going dude, I was a heavy daily user for like 8 or 9 years and stopped last year except for like once every couple months.

You won’t miss it after a while and in my case I don’t even really like how it makes me feel anymore.

Not saying it’s bad for you or anything, it’s just nice to be in a clearer state of mind.

3 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

I’m in the same boat; I don’t think it’s “bad” for you, but when you used it like I did it wasn’t a help to anything at all.

A clear mind feels great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah man I lost 100 pounds in about 8 months. Then hit the gym and tried to replace it with muscle.

This is me about a year apart.

No secret to it, just consumed less calories. I do have a few notions, such as not exercising too much while losing weight but that’s my own theory/system.

17 Likes

Ehhhh, kind of a weird wish there. Not sure you want to wish for something that kills about 350,000 people a year just in the USA and is linked to 40% of all cancers diagnosed.

I mean, I hear what you are saying. But…I’m not sure I’d say it that way.

4 Likes