9 Dragons

Looks very interesting, I look forward to seeing what kind of tricks people can come up with.

Here’s a few questions for Ben should he see them:

1. Will there be interchangeable bodies that are still compatible with the same cups? So a V-Shape or organic body could be bought and used instead of the stock shape.
  2. Has this design been patented like hubstacks are so that other companies are unable to make their own versions of these 9a yoyos?
  3. What are the specs of the 9 Dragon?

Delrin is a brand of Machined POM which they’re using as Gambit already said. And more moving parts = More money. YoYoFactory pretty much had to machine one plastic yo-yo and one metal yo-yo to make the nine dragons. Add in the spacers and 3 bearings and $80 sounds about right to me, I wouldn’t be surprised if he said $100 for price though.

Can we expect YoYoExpert to have them soon? :slight_smile:

Thanks Gambit and Garrett. Totally my mistake! Glad to hear it’s Delrin, definitely understand the price in that case.

You’re right. I totally forgot that part!
My Bad.

Maybe some rubber on the rims then?

Free-spinning body halves, eh? Sounds cool! ;D

WHEN CAN I HAVE THIS. PLEASE.

Okay, enough with the caps. But this is a seriously cool idea. Like Gambit, I was sold when I saw it on the table.

EDIT: I really, really need to watch entire videos before asking when…

Sounds like a neat idea, part of me wants it but part of me thinks not. I’m not sure if the novelty would wear off similar to how the hubstack novelty wore off for me…and last thing I need is to have one think that I’m throwing chainsaws haha

Yup, those things are loud!

I owned a yoyo that relatively did the same thing, the novelty did wear off pretty quickly. About the same as hub stacks.

That being said it didn’t play very well in general so that coulda been why it got boring so fast.

I plan on picking one of these up if they are widely available. I think 80 is fairly cheap for what it is.

I saw images of the Nine Dragons, and noticed “YoYoFactory x PTK”. What or who is PTK?

As I understand it, PTK is the person who sort of made this design and has been using it in off string quit a lot.

I could be wrong though.

At Cal States this year, Ben From YYF had a 9A contest to have some people win a 9 dragons yoyo. I am working on putting it up on youtube for everyone to watch. My editing skills are very horrible, so Please bear with me as you watch the video. I’ll Post it up in the video section of he forums later on tonight.

1 Like

Maybe PTK was a handle used by Chen Lia Jin, who invented the V5 catch zone.

I don’t think I’m going to get one. Looks fun but the novelty will wear off, and I’ll be back to playing my Firrox. I actually don’t use my hubstack ones a ton.

I put up the nine dragons mini contest ben had at cal states up in the video section of forum. I apologize for the horrible quality for the first half of the video.