888x problem

hi guys i put some thin lube on my 888x and it became responsive and i dont know why.Can you guys suggest what to do to make it unresponsive

Lube gives bearings more response, not less. Try soaking the bearing in zippo fluid, then use just a little spot of thin lube on it when it dries.

[b]Is this your first time to use thin lube?
I had the exact same problem with my YYJ newbreed.
The thin lube does not make it more non responsive than it is but helps it to be quieter and smoother.
The label on the lube can be misleading when it says less responsive.
I guess it is less responsive than the thick lube which makes it very responsive.
I called YYJ on it and they said I could either “clean the bearing” or just play with it for a while.
I don’t know much about the cleaning.
I do know that it can crack some types of plastic and stuff, possibly the hub stacks! So, I would contact a professional about this (like the yoyo expert contact section) if you want to do it.
I played with it for a while and eventually it got back to normal.
I think eventually you have to oil it or it will cause the bearing to “eat itself alive.”
Any way, I would just play with it.
I know it is frustrating!

sorry if the reply is too long,
czyoyo[/b] ;D

I don’t think it can crack some types of plastic. I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of acetone or mineral spirits or something, both of which just kind of melt it.

As these other people have correctly said, just play with it. Lube is needed to keep bearings lasting much longer and when you put it in, it will make that yoyo slightly responsive. Oh well. Don’t worry about cleaning it because the time it would take to just play with it to break it in would be about the same or less time than it would take to clean it. (Ok I might be a little bit off there, but would you rather yoyo for a few hours or sit there cleaning your bearing for a while and then maybe get around to yoyoing later?)

.you could clean it with paint then put lube
[/quote]

[b]I don’t know much on bearing cleaning.
I did think it had something to do with plastic but if you want to know things on bearing cleaning don’t ask me.

Sorry :wink:

Hope my other stuff was of any help. ;D

when ever i put thin lube on my yoyojam newbreed it does get a little more responsive but all you have to do is play with it for like 5 minutes then the bearing is nice and quiet and not responsive ;D

just play with your 888x for a little while :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum! I think you meant paint thinner, right?

Czyoyo, it’s fine. The rest of what you said is correct. :wink:

Yeah, just play with it a while. bake a cake. ;D

10 10010 1001 1 1110

1 Like