Is my yoyo expose to be responsive after cleanning and lube

Use: order less mineral spirit , yyf performance lube

Any lube will slow the bearing down and may make the yoyo more responsive for a while because of it. It will break down with play.

1 Like

Well if you put a good bit of lube (A drop or two) itā€™ll be responsive for a while until you break it in some (Few hours of play).

I suggest to lube it by putting some lube of a needle tip and putting it around the bearing balls. You may need to put lube on the needle a few times but it helps make sure you donā€™t get too much.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack a bit:

Iā€™ve seen a tonne of threads with this advice, but I canā€™t make my bearing responsive again. :wink: The opposite of what the OP wants! Drenched the bearing with lube (didnā€™t have thick, so I used thin but tried to make up for it with volume)ā€¦ I still have a very unresponsive bearing.

Use a thicker lube, some gun lube that you can probably get at walmart is nice and thick, CLP specifically (cleaner, lubricant, protectent).

1 Like

In response to Gregp not the op

Thanks, TP. Thatā€™s what I was afraid of. I have some ā€œresponseā€ lube on order!

unscented baby oil (mineral oil) works as thick lube too! can buy at walgreens or any other drugstore! :smiley:

Seems nobody really ascertained whether the OP even wanted his bearing to be responsive or not? He asked ā€˜ifā€™ his bearing was supposed to be responsive after a clean and lube. He never actually said it was
Or wasnā€™t.

He didnā€™t say itā€™s current level of responsiveness.

He could have more effectively and accurately worded his question so it would actually ā€˜beā€™ a question that identied the appropriate response.

But since his sentence forming is about as butchered as my use of punctuation; I guess that wasnā€™t going to happen; lololol.

Also, I may be wrong on this, but I thought both YYJ lubes called Performane lubes? If that is correct, then the Cake King did not mention if he used the thin or thick lube.

You canā€™t solve a problem without stating the problem.

Maybe the Cake man can reply with his actual current situation.

1 Like

American education system hard at work ?
Call me crazy I would think a 12 yr old would at the very least know that expose, and supposed are not interchangeable.
And then it gets better, 6 - 7 people post, including one adult, and no one even mentions it, more of that awesome American education shining through ?
So freaking sad, seriously its depressing to see such blatant stupidity practically encouraged, no doubt from people who think they are pretty darn smart.

For thick lube, to make a bearing responsive, you can use VASELINE, or PETROLEUM JELLY, both work great. Simply work a bit into the side of the bearing, you can even leave the shields on.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the reason no one but you mentioned it is because there really is nothing to gain by insulting them.

You donā€™t know this user. English may not be his/her first language. He/she may be a child. They may be using a phone with errant autocorrect. Pretty presumptuous to turn this into an indictment of the American education system.

I could understand the question just fine and I decided to help. If it had bothered me this much Iā€™d probably have just moved on rather than rail a strangerā€™s grammar and syntax on a public forum. Maybe they donā€™t teach that in Canada.

3 Likes

Well said. For several years I was an English teacher. Itā€™s not about whether we noticed or not, but about what could possibly have been gained by picking nits when the meaning was (I thought) pretty clear.